The new pay structure has been laid out by and large broadly as an open ended, layered matrix, for civilians as well as for the armed forces personnel. It has been kept in view that a person should not stagnate but should have fair opportunity to progress by dint of merit and secure better emoluments so that frustration does not set in. The prevailing rate of increment is considered quite satisfactory and has been retained. The concept of separate grade pay has been done away with and the grade pay at all levels has been subsumed into the Pay Matrix.
Pay Matrix table to Civilian Employees
An appointed to civil services and posts in connection with the affairs of the Union whose pay is debitable to the Civil Estimates as also to persons serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department.
Usage of Pay matrix table
- Fixation of Pay of employees in 6th CPC to 7th CPC [Salary Calculator]
- Annual Increment and promotional Increment
- Promoted or granted financial upgradation Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme (MACPS)
- Pension and other retirement benefits, including revision of pension and family pension
- Fixation of pay of employees appointed by direct recruitment on or after 1st day of January, 2016
Pay Matrix table benefit for central government employees
- The New Pay Matrix is easy to administer.
- Pay Matrix have been addressed by subsuming of grade pay and pay bands into one composite level.
- Pay Matrix table is correction of variable spacing between adjacent grade pay and pay bands, disparity between PB-3 and PB-4 has been set right by the process of normalisation.
- The fixation of revised pay has been greatly simplified in the new pay matrix and will not involve further calculations.
- 7th CPC Pay Matrix is the issue of differential Entry Pay has been resolved.
- The employee can traverse both vertically within a level in the new pay matrix by way of annual progression, and horizontally across levels by way of MACP as well as on regular promotion.
The pay matrix table can be gainfully analysed to provide crucial data on trends in pay progression, entering and retiring at various levels, promotional trends of various cadres.
7th CPC pay matrix Pay level instead of 6th CPC Grade Pay
Levels as per the Pay Matrix of 7th CPC
|Existing Pay Bands||Existing levels of Grade Pay||Available for *||New Levels|
|PB – 1||1800||C||1|
|PB – 2||3400||D||5A|
|PB – 3||5400||C,D,M||10|
|PB – 4||7600||M||12|
|Cabinet Secretary,Defence Chiefs||18|
|*C: Civil; D: Defence; M: Military Nursing Service(MNS)|
7th CPC Pay level instead of 6th CPC Grade Pay
|7th CPC||6th CPC|
|Level 1 to 5, Pay Band-1 (5200-20200)|
|Pay level 1(18000-56900)||Pay Band-1(5200-20200) Grade Pay- 1800|
|Pay level 2(19900-63200)||Pay Band-1(5200-20200) Grade Pay- 1900|
|Pay level 3(21700-69100)||Pay Band-1(5200-20200) Grade Pay- 2000|
|Pay level 4(25500-81100)||Pay Band-1(5200-20200) Grade Pay- 2400|
|Pay level 5(29200-92300)||Pay Band-1(5200-20200) Grade Pay- 2800|
|Level 6 to 9, Pay Band- 2 (9300-34800)|
|Pay level 6(35400-112400)||Pay Band-2(9300-34800) Grade Pay- 4200|
|Pay level 7(44900-142400)||Pay Band-2(9300-34800) Grade Pay- 4600|
|Pay level 8(47600-151100)||Pay Band-2(9300-34800) Grade Pay- 4800|
|Pay level 9(53100-167800)||Pay Band-2(9300-34800) Grade Pay- 5400|
|Level 10 to 12, Pay Band- 3(15600-39100)|
|Pay level 10(56100-177500)||Pay Band-3(15600-39100) Grade Pay- 5400|
|Pay level 11(67700-208700)||Pay Band-3(15600-39100) Grade Pay- 6600|
|Pay level 12(78800-209200)||Pay Band-3(15600-39100) Grade Pay- 7600|
|Level 13 to 14, Pay Band- 4(37400-67000)|
|Pay level 3(123100-215900)||Pay Band- 4(37400-67000) Grade Pay- 8700|
|Pay level 13A(131100-216600)||Pay Band- 4(37400-67000) Grade Pay- 8900|
|Pay level 14(144200-218200)||Pay Band- 4(37400-67000) Grade Pay- 1000|
|Level 15 (HAG Scale 67000-79000)|
|Pay level 15(182000-224100)||(HAG Scale 67000-79000)|
|Level 16 (HAG Scale 75500-80000)|
|Pay level 16(205000-224400)||(HAG Scale 75500-80000)|
|Level 17 (HAG Scale 80000)|
|Pay level 17 (Fixed 225000)||(HAG Scale Fixed 80000)|
|Level 18 (HAG Scale (90000)|
|Pay Level 18 (Fixed 250000)||(HAG Scale Fixed 90000)|
7th Pay Commission Pay Matrix Pdf download here
Pay Matrix Table Pay Band (Level) wise attached here
Pay Matrix Table for all Government Employees
7th CPC Pay Matrix some important reference Orders
- Central Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016. – Notification 25th July, 2016
- Central Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016. – Resolution 25th July, 2016
- Modification of Level-13 of Pay matrix issue. – FINMIN Order 28th September, 2017
- Modification of Level-13 of Pay matrix issue. – Notification 15th June, 2017
- Date of next increment – Rule 10 of CCS (RP) Rules,2016. – Finmin OM 31st July 2018
- Bunching of stages of pay in the pre-7th CPC. – Finmin OM 13th June,2017
- Revision of pay scales- amendment of Service Rules/Recruitment Rules. – DOPT OM 9th August 2016