Revision of pension of pre-01.01.2016 State pensioners/ family pensioner
GOVERNMENT OF RAJASTHAN
Jaipur, dated:06 Jun,2018
Subject:- Revision of pension of pre-01.01.2016 State pensioners/ family pensioner etc.
Attention is invited to clause 04 of Para 4 of FD Memorandum No. F.12(6)FD/Rules/2017 dated 30.10.2017 as amended vide Memorandum of even number dated 09.12.2017 in which it has been provided that revision of pension / family pension w.e.f 01.01.2016 in respect of pensioners/ family pensioner who retired / died prior to 01.01.2016 will be made by notionally fixing their pay in the Level in the Pay Matrix corresponding to the pay in the Pay Scale / Running Pay Band and Grade Pay at which they retired / died. In this regard, detailed orders / instructions will be issued separately.
2. Accordingly, the matter has been considered and the Governor is pleased to order that the revised pension/family pension w.e.f. 01.01.2016 in respect of all pensioners / family pensioners who retired / died prior to 01.01.2016, may be revised by notionally fixing their pay in the Level in the Pay Matrix prescribed under Rajasthan Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2017 corresponding to the pay in the Pay Scale/ Running Pay Band and Grade Pay at which they retired/died. This will be done by notional pay fixation under each revision of Pay Scale from time to time. while fixing the pay on notional basis, the pay fixation formulae approved by the Government and other relevant instructions on the subject in force at the relevant time shall be strictly followed. 50% of the notional pay as on 01,01.2016 shall be the revised pension and 30% of this notional pay shall be the revised family pension w.e.f. 01.01.2016. In the case of family pensioners who were entitled to family pension at enhanced rate, the revised family pension shall be 50% of the notional pay as on 01.01.2016 and shall be payable till the period up to which family pension at enhanced rate is admissible as per rules. The amount of revised pension/family pension so arrived at shall be rounded off to next higher rupee.
3. It has also been decided that higher of the two Formulations i.e the pension/family pension already revised in accordance with the FD Memorandum No.F.12(6)FD/Rules/2017 dated 30.10.2017 as amended vide Memorandum of even number dated 09.12.2017 or the revised pension/family pension as worked out in accordance with para 2 above, shall be granted to pre-2016 pensioners as revised pension/family pension w.e.f 01.01.2016. In cases where pension/family pension payable w.e.f 01.01.2016 in accordance with FD Memorandum No.F.12(6)FD/Rules/2017 dated 30.10.2017 as amended vide Memorandum of even number dated 09.12.2017 happens to be more than pension/family pension as worked out in accordance with para 2 above, the pension/family pension already being paid shall be treated as revised pension/family pension w.e.f. 01.01.2016.
4. The pension/family pension as worked out in accordance with provision of para 2 and 3 above shall be treated as ‘Basic Pension’ with effect from 01.01.2016. The revised pension/family pension shall qualify for grant of Dearness Relief sanctioned after 01.01.2016. The existing instructions regarding regulation of dearness relief to employed/re-employed pensioners/family pensioners, as contained in Rule 77 of the Rajasthan civil Services (Pension) Rules,1996 as amended from time to time, shall continue to apply.
5. concordance tables for fixation of notional pay and pension/family pension of employees who retired/died in various pay scales/grades on or after 01.09.1981 and Pay Matrix have been prepared and the same are enclosed herewith as Appendix-A, B, C, and D as under.
(i) Appendix – A-I contains Table No.1 to 13. These tables shall be applicable to those employees retired/died upto 30.06.2013
(ii) Appendix – A-II contains Table No.14 to 30. These tables shall be applicable to those employees retired/died upto 31.12.2015
(iii) Appendix-B contains Table No.1 to 7. These tables shall be applicable to those employees who retired/died upto 30.06.2013
(iv) Appendix-C contains Table No.1 to 12 These tables shall be applicable to those employees who retired/died on or after 01.07.2013 and upto 31.12.2015
(v) Table No.1 to 7 of Appendix – B are based on the Pay Matrix for Grade Pay for which Pay Level has not been prescribed under RCS (RP) Rules, 2017. The Pay Matrix for these tables are contained in appendix – d appended to this order.
6. In the case of those employees who retired/died before 01.09.1981, these concordance tables may be used based on their notional pay as on 01.09.1981.
7. These concordance tables have been prepared to facilitate revision of pension of pre-2016 pensioners/family pensioners. Due care has been taken to prepare these concordance tables based on the fitment tables for fixation of pay prescribed in the pay scale revised from time to time since 01.09.1981 and onwards. In case of any inconsistency in the concordance tables vis-a-vis the relevant rules/instructions, the notional pay and pension/family pension of pre-2016 pensioners/family pensioners may be fixed in accordance with the rules/instructions applicable for fixation of pay in the respective pay scale rules.
8. In case the original pension was allowed on proportionate basis due to period of service less than the qualifying service required for grant of full pension, in such cases the pension revised as above shall also be proportionately revised. In such cases the maximum qualifying service shall be applicable which was in force at the time of retirement of the concerned Government Servant.
9. The applicability of Tables appended to this Memorandum shall be determined with reference to the pay scale / RPB and Grade Pay which was admissible to the Government Servant at the time of retirement / death while in service and corresponding Pay Level applicable under the Rajasthan Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2017 and Appendix ‘D’ appended to this order.
10. In case a Government servant was in receipt of Personal Pay at the time of retirement / death while in service and that Personal Pay was counted as emoluments for the purpose of grant of pension / family pension that amount of Personal Pay may also be taken into account for the purpose of fixation of pay in the next revision of pay scale and fixation of pay shall be as per provisions of relevant pay scale rules for revision of pension.
11. Government servants retired from a post while drawing special pay and that special pay was counted as emoluments for calculation of existing pension / family pension in such cases the special pay prescribed for the post as on 01.01.2016 under Rajasthan Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2017 shall be included in notional pay calculated as on 01.01.2016 for the purpose of revision of pension w.e.f. 01.01.2016.
12. In the case of existing pensioners/family pensioners of the age of 80 years and above, the revision of additional pension payable to them shall be made on the basis of revised pension / family pension under this order. On revised additional pension / family pension Dearness Relief at the revised rate will be payable from time to time.
13. These orders would not be applicable for the purpose of revision of pension of those pensioners who were drawing compulsory retirement pension under Rule 53 and 53A or compassionate allowance under Rule 43 of the Rajasthan Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1996. The pensioners in these categories would continue to be entitled to the revised pension in accordance with the instructions contained in this FD Memorandum No. F. 12(6)FD/Rules/2017 dated 30.10.2017 as amended vide Memorandum of even number dated 09.12.2017.
14. Since the consolidated pension will be inclusive of commuted portion of pension, if any, the commuted portion will be deducted from the said amount while making monthly disbursements.
15. No arrears on account of revision of Pension/Family pension on notional fixation of pay will be admissible for the period prior to 1.1.2016. The revision of pension/family pension in terms of these orders for the period from 01.01.2016 to 31.12.2016 shall be on notional basis and arrear of pension/family pension shall be payable from 01.01.2017 after adjusting the payment of pension/family pension made under FD Memorandum No. F. 12(6)FD/Rules/2017 dated 30.10.2017 as amended vide Memorandum of even number dated 09.12.2017.
16. The pensioner / family pensioner including pensioner / family pensioner drawing pension outside the State shall make request to the authority issued pension payment order in the proforma enclosed with this order. It shall be the responsibility of the Pension Department to revise the pension/ family pension of pre – 2016 pensioners/ family pensioners with effect from 01.01.2016 in accordance with these orders and to issue a revised pension payment authority. The revised authority of PPO / FPPO will be issued under existing PPO / FPPO Number.
17. These orders shall apply to all pensioners/family pensioners who were drawing pension/family pension before 1.1.2016 under the Rajasthan Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1996. A pensioner / family pensioner who became entitled to pension/family pension w.e.f. 01.01.2016 consequent on retirement / death of Government servant on 31.12.2015, would also be covered by these orders.
18. The pension of pre-2016 pensioners / family pensioners may be revised w.e.f. 01.01.2016 in accordance with the instructions contained in this Memorandum and using the concordance tables enclosed as Appendix ‘A’, ‘B’ and ‘C’. The revised authority of PPO / FPPO will be issued under existing PPO / FPPO Number.
19. The pensioner / family pensioner shall request to the Director / Joint Director, Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare Department, Rajasthan, as the case may be, for revision of his / her pension / family pension in the proforma enclosed as Appendix ‘E’.
20. Non-accrual of Arrears.- Notwithstanding anything contained in these rules, no arrear of Pension and Dearness Relief thereon, shall accrue to a pensioner/family pensioner, between 01.01.2016 to 31.12.2016 (both days inclusive), for the period upto 31.12.2016.
21. Payment of Arrear.- The arrear to the pensioner/family pensioner for the period from 01.01.2017 to 30.09.2017 shall be payable in three installments in the ratio of 30, 30 and 40. The first, second and third installment shall be payable on or after 01.06.2018, 01.07.2018 and 01.10.2018 respectively.
Provided that in case of death of pensioner/ family pensioner, as the case may be, the entire amount of arrear shall be paid in cash.
By order of the Governor,
Secretary, Finance (Budget)