Rajasthan G.O – Revision of pension of pre-01.01.2016 State pensioners/ family pensioner who retired /died while drawing pay in UGC pay scale
GOVERNMENT OF RAJASTHAN
Subject:- Revision of pension of pre-01.01.2016 State pensioners/ family pensioner who retired / died while drawing pay in UGC pay scale.
The Teachers of Government Colleges including Librarians and PTIs who retired / died before 01.01.2016 while drawing pay in UGC pay scales are also pre-01.01.2016 pensioners / family pensioners and accordingly, their pension / family pension has already been revised by multiplying the existing pension I family pension by 2.57 w.e.f. 01.01.2016 as per provisions of para 4(i) of Finance Department Memorandum No.F.12(6)FD/R/2017 dated 30.10.2017 as amended vide Memorandum dated 09.12.2017.
2. In pursuance of provisions of para 4(ii) of FD Memorandum No. F. 12(6)FD/R/2017 dated 30.10.2017 as amended vide Memorandum dated 09.12.2017 the Governor is pleased to order that the revision of pension of existing pensioners / family pensioners who retired / died as Teacher of Government Colleges including Librarian and PTIs while drawing pay in UGC pay scale prior to 01.01.2016 may be revised w.e.f. 01.01.2016 by notionally fixing their pay in Academic Level in the Pay Matrix corresponding to the pay in the pay scale / running pay band / Academic Grade Pay indicated in para 3. This will be done by notional pay fixation based on formula for revision of pay under each revision of pay scales. While fixing pay on notional basis, the pay fixation formula approved by the Government and other relevant instructions on the subject in force at the relevant time shall be strictly followed.
3. The corresponding Academic Levels shall be applicable to the pay scale/RPB and AGP from 01.01.1986 and onwards as under:-
|Pay Scale w.e.f 01.01.1986||Pay Scale w.e.f 01.01.1996||Running Pay Band & Academic Grade Pay w.e.f 01.01.2006||Academic Level w.e.f 01.01.2016|
|Running Pay Band||Academic Grade Pay|
Minimum to be fixed at 17300
4. 50% of the notional pay as on 01-01-2016 shall be the revised pension and 30% of this notional pay shall be the revised family pension w.e.f. 01-01-2016. In the case of family pensioners, who were entitled to family pension at enhanced rate, the revised family pension shall be 50% of the notional pay as on 01.01.2016 and shall be payable till the period up to which family pension at enhanced rate is admissible as per rules. The amount of revised pension/family pension so arrived at shall be rounded off to next higher rupee.
5. The higher of the two formulations i.e. the pension/family pension already revised in accordance with the Finance Department Memorandum dated 30.10.2017 as amended vide 09.12.2017 or the revised pension/family pension as worked out in accordance with this order, shall be granted to pre-2016 pensioner/family pensioner w.e.f. 01.01.2016.
6. In case the original pension was allowed on proportionate basis due to period of service less than the qualifying service required for grant of full pension, in such cases the pension revised as above shall also be proportionately revised. In such cases the maximum qualifying service shall be applicable which was is force at the time of retirement of the concerned Government Servant.
7. In the case of those employees who retired/died before 01.01.1986, their notional pay as on 01.01.1986 shall be fixed on the line of pay revision applicable to the Teachers of Government Colleges in service on 01.01.1986.
8. The other provisions shall be applicable mutatis mutandis as contained in FD Memorandum No.F.12(6)FD/Rules/2017 pt-I dated 06.06.2018.
9. Any excess payment made on account of incorrect fixation of pension or any other excess paymant made shall be adjusted/recovered against the future payments due or otherwise to the beneficiary.
10. Non-accrual of Arrears - Notwithstanding anything contained in these rules, no arrear of pension and Dearness Relief thereon, shall accrue to a pensioners/family pensioner, between 01.01.2016 to 31.12.2016 (both days inclusive), for the period upto 31.12.2016.
BY order of the Governor
Secretary, Finance (Budget)