Grant of Dearness Relief to State Government pensioners/family pensioners —Revised rate effective from 01.01.2018
GOVERNMENT OF ODISHA
Bhubaneswar, Dated the 26th April, 2018
Sub:- Sanction of Dearness Relief (TI) @ 2% enhancing the existing rate from 5% to 7% w.e.f. 01.01.2018 in favour of the State Government pensioners / family pensioners.
Pension/family pension in respect of pre-2016 and post-2016 of State Government pensioners/family pensioners was revised w.e.f. 1.1.2016 in Finance Department O.M. No.28300/F dated 23.09.2017. Accordingly, Dearness Relief (TI) was allowed on such revision of pension/family pension in Finance Department O.M. No.34994/F dated 28.11.2017 at the rate of 5% w.e.f. 01.01.2017.
2. Government of India, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions in their O.M.No.F-No.42/06/2018-P&PW(G) dated 22.03.2018 have enhanced the Dearness Relief admissible to the Central Government pensioners/family pensioners from 5% to 7% w.e.f. 01.01.2018.
3. In the meantime, one does of Dearness Allowance @ 2% has been sanctioned in favour of the State Government employees w.e.f. 01.01.2018 in Finance Department Office Memorandum No..14109/F, dated 24.04.2018.
4. After careful consideration of the matter, the State Government have been pleased to decide that the Dearness Relief (TI) on pension/family pension shall be paid to the State Government pensioners/family pensioners at the same rate of 2% on the revised basic pension/family pension w.e.f. 01.01.2018. With sanction of one does of Dearness Relief (TI) at the rate of 2%, the Dearness Relief now payable on the revised basic pension/family pension will be enhanced from 5% to 7% w.e.f. 01.01.2018.
For the purpose of this Office Memorandum
i) Pension/family pension in the case of the pre-01.01.2016 retirees and where family pension was due prior to 01.01.2016 means the revised basic pension/revised basic family pension as the case may be in terms of Finance Department Office Memorandum NO.28300/F dated 23.09.2017.
ii) Also in the case of pensioners who have retired after 01.01.2016 or where famiy pension is sanctioned for the first time after 01.01.2016 the pension / family pension means the basic pension / basic family pension, as the case may be sanctioned on retirement/death.
5. The additional does of Dearness Relief shall also be admissible on additional basic pension/additional family pension available to the old pensioners/family pensioners based on their age as indicated in this Department O.M. No.28300/F dated 23.09.2017.
6. The Additional does of Dearness Relief (TI) shall also be admissible to the pensioners/ family pensioners of Non-Government Aided Educational Institutions including Primary schools under School and Mass Education Department and Non-Government Aided Educational Institutions under Higher Education Department.
7. Payment of Dearness Relief (TI) involving fraction of a rupee shall be rounded off to the next higher rupee.
8. Other provisions governing grant of Dearness Relief (TI) to Pensioners such as regulation of Dearness Relief during employment / re-employment and regulation of Dearness Relief where more than one pension is drawn will remain unchanged.
Special Secretary to Government