Notification of Haryana Civil Services Rules
Dated: 29th July, 2016
SUBJECT : Notification of Haryana Civil Services Rules.
I am directed to invite your attention on the subject noted above. The matter regarding rewriting/updation of Punjab Civil Services Rules was under consideration of Finance Department since last many years. After detailed deliberation at different levels of the Government and in consultation with Law and Legislative Department, State Government have notified the Haryana Civil Services Rules both in Hindi and English effective from 19th July, 2016 in place of Punjab Civil Services Rules which have been repealed. The details are as under :-
(1) Haryana Civil Services (General) Rules,2016
(2) Haryana Civil Services (Pay) Rules,2016
(3) Haryana Civil Services (Travelling Allowance) Rules,2016
(4) Haryana Civil Services (Allowances to Govt. Employees) Rules,2016
(5) Haryana Civil Services (Leave) Rules, 2016
(6) Haryana Civil Services (General Provident Fund) Rules,2016
(7) Haryana Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 2016
(8) Haryana Civil Services (Government Employees Conduct) Rules,2016
(9) Haryana Civil Services (Punishment & Appeal) Rules,2016
2. Main features of these Rules are as under :-
(i) All the instructions/policy decisions taken by Haryana Government upto December, 2015 have been incorporated and redundant/obsolete rules or portion thereof have been deleted.
(ii) The language of rules is easy to understand and catchword titles have been provided to make the reading user friendly.
(iii) New terms created from time to time since 1953 have been defined. Terms common for more than one rules books have been compiled at one place.
3. Some of the new and modified provisions made in these rules are also reproduced below for information:
Entitlement of paternity leave for 15 days to a male Government Employee; Composite Transfer Grant of Rs.2,000 or above in place of Transfer Travelling Allowance; provision regarding revision of subsistence Allowance after every six months; admissibility of pensionary benefits to the family of disappeared employee after 6 months instead of 1 year from the date of lodging FIR; exclusion of pension equivalent to gratuity (PEG) from the Pension for fixation of pay on re-employment after retirement; entitlement of benefit under Next Below Rule when no junior is eligible for promotion, confirmation of employee after satisfactory completion of probation period irrespective of the fact that permenent post is available or not; exercise of option of existing employees working on ex-cadre post in any other Department/Government that in which cadre/post they want to remain; revision of rate of licence fee, no joining time in case transfer in public interest from one station to another within 20 Kms; no Daily Allowance while on tour from one station to another within 20 Kms, revision of rate of Daily Allowance; half daily allowance instead of full Daily Allowance in case of stay in a Hotel; insertion of new forms in Service Book; revision of rate of pension contribution while on foreign service. revision of rate of Deputation Allowance in case of transfer on deputation to other Government; discontinuation of weightage of 5 years’ qualifying service on voluntaty retirement, no time limit for institution of judicial proceedings against a retired employee earlier it was not admissible after four years; change of definition of Family for the purpose of family pension; a dependent married son below the age of 25 years shall not be an eligible member of Family for the purpose of Family pension; no protection of pay on appointment from higher to lower post on whatsoever reason etc.
4. Attention of all the Departments is specifically invited to the regulation of personal claims submitted by the employees before the date of notification of these rules. It has also been provided in the rules that claims of pay and allowance shall be regulated by the rules in force at the time when the same are claimed; claims of pension shall be regulated by the rules in force at the time of retirement; claims of TA/DA shall be regulated by the rules in force on the date of journey/tour; and the claims of leave shall be regulated by the rules in force on the date it is applied. So, while dealing with the personal claims these principles should be strictly followed.
5. All the Departments are also directed to take immediate action for revision of the syllabus of Departmental examinations, wherein punjab Civil Services Rules Volume-I,II & III or any part thereof has already been prescribed, to avoid any legal consequences which may arise due to repealed contents/topics in such syllabus.
6. Soft copy of these rules both in Hindi and English is available at the websie of Finance Department www.finhry.gov.in. Hard copy of these rules shall also be made available by the printing & Stationery Department, Haryana in near future.
7. It is also informed that Haryana Civil Services (Govt. Employees Conduct) Rules 2016 and Haryana Civil Services (Punishment & Appeal) Rules 2016 have been notified by the General Administration Department, Haryana effective from 29.07.2016.
8. This may please be brought to the notice of all concerned.
Superintendent FR Branch
for Additional Chief Secretary to Govt. Haryana,