Maharashtra G.O – Revision of pension / family pension of pre 1st January 2016 Pensioners / Family Pensioners as per 7th Pay Commission
GOVERNMENT OF MAHARASHTRA
Government Resolution No.:PEN-2019/C.R. 58/SER -4
Hutatma Rajguru Chowk, Madam Cama Marg,
Mantralaya, Mumbai- 400032.
Date : 24 January 2019.
Subject: Revision of pension / family pension of pre 1st January 2016 Pensioners / Family Pensioners as per 7th Pay Commission.
Reference : 1) Government Resolution, Finance Department No. COC-2015/SLP/C.R.5/ SER-4, dated 27/12/2018.
2) Government Resolution, Finance Department No. PEN -2018/C.R.130/ SER -4, dated 01/01/2019.
3) Government Corrigendum, Finance Department No. PEN -2018/C.R.130/ SER -4, dated 04/01/2019.
In view of the recommendations of the Seventh Pay Commission of Central Government, the State Government had set up the State Pay Revision Committee 2017 under the Chairmanship of Shri.K.P.Bakshi. As per the recommendations of the Committee, State Government vide Government Resolution dated 01.01.2019 and Corrigendum dated 04.01.2019 mentioned above at Serial No.2 and 3 respectively has taken decision to revise pension / family pension. Accordingly, the pension / family pension of pensioner who retired before 1st January 2016 is revised as follows:
2. In these orders
a) “Existing Pensioner” means the Pensioner retired upto 31st December 2015, who was drawing / entitled to draw pension on 1st January 2016.
b) “Existing Family Pensioner” means Family Pensioner drawing / entitled to draw family pension on 1st January 2016.
c) “Existing Basic Pension” means the basic pension inclusive of commuted portion, if any, due on 31st December 2015. It covers all classes of pensions (except wound / injury pension) under Maharashtra Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1982 or under any other pension rules under which the Government Servant was governed at the time of retirement.
d) “Dearness Relief” means the relief applicable to the pensioner / family pensioner in the Seventh Pay Commission from 1st January 2016 for the following period.
|Sr.No||Period||Existing Dearness Relief|
|1||From 1st January 2016||0%|
|2||From 1st July 2016||2%|
|3||From 1st January 2017||4%|
|4||From 1st July 2017||5%|
|5||From 1st January 2018||7%|
|6||From 1st July 2018||9%|
3. As regards to the state government pensioner who retired before 1st January 2016 the state government has decided by the above referred Government Resolution and Corrigendum that the existing basic pension (exclusive of Dearness Relief) is to be multiplied by 2.57, which will be the revised basic pension / family pension on the lines of recommendation made by Central Seventh Pay Commission. Accordingly the pension / family pension of the pensioners / family pensioners drawing pension before 1.1.2016 should be fixed. If the amount of pension so fixed, is in fraction, it should be rounded off to the next rupee. As the revision is based on a simple formula a Ready Reckoner for the same is not necessary. However, if the revised basic pension is below Rs.7500/-, it will be fixed at minimum Rs.7500/-.
4. All Pension Disbursing Authorities (i.e. Pay and Accounts Officer Mumbai /Treasury Officers, as the case may be) are hereby authorised to make payment of revised Pension to the existing pensioners at the consolidated rates without any further authorisation from the Accountant General (A&E)-I, Maharashtra, Mumbai or Accountant General (A&E)-II, Maharashtra, Nagpur as the case may be.
5. In cases where the pensioner / family pensioner was alive as on 1st January 2016 and subsequently died, his legal heir / heirs is / are entitled for Life Time Arrears of pension / family pension with effect from 1st January 2016, till the death of pensioner / family pensioner. For this purpose legal heir / heirs of pensioner / family pensioner may apply to Pension Disbursing / Sanctioning Authorities i.e. the Pay and Accounts Officer, Mumbai / Treasury Officer / Head of Department / Office, as the case may be. Further the Life Time Arrears of pension / family pension are to be paid to the legal heir / heirs, in one instalment in cash after adjustment of recovery amount, if any. In case, where death of pensioner / family pensioner has occurred after receiving one or more instalments of arrears, the remaining amount may be paid in cash in single instalment to the legal heir / heirs after adjustment of recovery amount, if any.
6. Pension should be revised from 1st January 2016. But the pensioners will get actual benefit of revised pension from 1st January 2019. The arrears due to revision with effect from 1st January 2016 to 31st December 2018 should be paid in cash in five equal instalments over the next five years. The first instalment, due in the year 2019, will be paid along with monthly pension of the month of June 2019. Further, the remaining instalments should be paid along with monthly pension of June every year. Pension Disbursing Authorities means the Pay and Accounts Officer/ Treasury Officer as the case may be, will be solely responsible for deduction of Income Tax as per rule, wherever necessary.
7. Government is also pleased to direct that the above decision should mutatis mutandis apply with necessary changes to those pensioners of Recognized and Aided Educational Institutions, Non Agriculture Universities and affiliated Non-Governmental Colleges and Agricultural Universities, etc. to whom pension scheme is made applicable.
8. In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso under Section 248 of Maharashtra Zilla Parishad and Panchayat Samitis Act 1961 (Maharashtra Act number Five of 1962) and of all other powers enabling it on that behalf, Government is further pleased to decide that above decision will be applied to the pensioners including family pensioners of Zilla Parishads.
9. The Provisions of this Government Resolution will not be applicable to the Pensioners of All India Services / Political Pensioner / Freedom Fighter Pensioner / Gallantry Medal Allowance Pensioner / Wound / Injury Pensioner and to the state government employees those were absorbed, while in service, in the Public Sector Undertakings / Autonomous Institution / Local Bodies and entitled to restoration of 1/3rd commuted portion of pension.
10. The expenditure on this account should be debited to the Budget Heads to which the pensions of the pensioners mentioned in the above paras are debited and should be met from the grants sanctioned thereunder. However, if necessary, concerned Administrative Department of Mantralaya should take necessary steps to present Supplementary Demands in the ensuing session of the Legislature to cover expenditure to be incurred in respect of aforesaid pensioners.
11. This Government Resolution is available on the website of Government of Maharashtra i.e. www.maharashtra.gov.in and its computer code number is 201901241903003505. This order has been signed digitally.
By order and in the name of Governor of Maharashtra
Deputy Secretary to Government.