Maharashtra G.O – Increase in pension / family pension to pensioner / family pensioner of 80 years of age and above with effect from 1st January 2019
GOVERNMENT OF MAHARASHTRA
Government Resolution No.:PEN- 2019/C.R. 59/SER -4
Hutatma Rajguru Chowk, Madam Cama Marg,
Mantralaya, Mumbai- 400032.
Date : 24 January, 2019.
Subject : Increase in pension / family pension to pensioner / family pensioner of 80 years of age and above with effect from 1st January 2019.
Reference : 1) Government Resolution, Finance Department No. PEN-1014/C.R. 26/SER-4 dated 09/06/2014.
2) Government Resolution, Finance Department No.PEN-2018/C.R. 130/SER-4 dated 01/01/2019.
3) Government Corrigendum, Finance Department No.PEN-2018/C.R.130/ SER-4 dated 04/01/2019.
4) Government Resolution, Finance Department No.PEN-2019/C.R. 58/SER-4 dated 24/01/2019.
In view of the recommendations of the Seventh Pay Commission of Central Government, the State Government had set up State Pay Revision Committee 2017 under the Chairmanship of Shri.K.P.Bakshi. As per the recommendations of the Committee, State Government, vide Government Resolution dated 01.01.2019 and Corrigendum dated 04.01.2019 mentioned above, has taken decision to revise the pension / family pension of the pensioners / family pensioners of 80 years of age and above. In accordance to the Government Resolution mentioned at Serial No. 1 above, pensioners / family pensioners of the age of 80 years and above, have been given 10% increase in the pension / family pension fixed as per Sixth Pay Commission w.e.f.01.04.2014. Now the said rate stands revised from 01.01.2019 as below:
|1||Age 80 to 85 years||Increase in basic pension 10%|
|2||Age above 85 to 90 years||Increase in basic pension 15%|
|3||Age above 90 to 95 years||Increase in basic pension 20%|
|4||Age baove 95 to 100 years||Increase in basic pension 25%|
|5||Age above 100 years||Increase in basic pension 50%|
2. The revised increased rate will be applicable only from 01/01/2019. No difference of revised increased rate will be payable for previous period to existing Pensioners / Family Pensioners.
3. It will be the responsibility of the Pension Disbursing Authority i.e Pay and Accounts Officer, Mumbai/Treasury Officers as the case may be, to calculate the quantum of increase in the pension/family pension payable in each individual case.
4. Government is also pleased to direct that the above decision should mutatis mutandis apply with necessary changes to those pensioners / family pensioners of 80 years of age and above of Recognized and Aided Educational Institutions, Non Agriculture Universities and affiliated Non Governmental Colleges and Agricultural Universities, etc. to whom pension scheme is made applicable.
5. In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso under Section 248 of Maharashtra Zilla Parishad and Panchayat Samitis Act 1961 (Maharashtra Act number Five of 1962) and of all other powers enabling it on that behalf, the Government is further pleased to decide that above decision shall apply to the pensioners / family pensioners of 80 years of age and above of Zilla Parishads.
6. The State Government Employees who opted for lump sum payment on absorption in a Public Sector Undertaking / Autonomous bodies / Local bodies and are entitled to restoration of 1/3rd commuted portion of pension as well as revision of the restored amount in terms of Government Resolution, Finance Department No.COP-1099/306/SER-4 dated 15.11.1999 and also eligible for revised pension as per Sixth Pay Commission vide Government Resolution Finance Department No. COP-1010/CR.58/SER-4 dated 26/07/2010 shall also be entitled to the payment of increase in pension w.e.f.01.01.2019.
7. The expenditure on this account should be debited to the Budget Heads to which the pensions of the pensioners mentioned in the above paras are debited and should be met from the grants sanctioned thereunder.
8. This Government Resolution is available on the website of Government of Maharashtra i.e. www.maharashtra.gov.in and its computer code number is 201901241917565405. This order has been signed digitally.
By order and in the name of Governor of Maharashtra.
Deputy Secretary to Government.