Date of next increment under Rule 10 of Manipur Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2019
GOVERNMENT OF MANIPUR
SECRETARIAT: FINANCE DEPARTMENT
(PAY IMPLEMENTATION CELL)
Imphal, the 29th August, 2020.
Subject: Date of next increment under Rule 10 of Manipur Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2019 — Clarification regarding.
No.1/11/2020-FD(PIC): The undersigned is directed to invite attention to Rule 10 of the Manipur Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2019, which provides for the entitlement of employees for drawal of annual increment either on 1st January or 1st July depending on the date of appointment, promotion or grant of financial upgradation. The Sub-Rule (2) thereof provides that increment in respect of an employee appointed or promoted or granted financial upgradation including upgradation under Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme (MACPS) during the period between the 2nd day of January and 1st day of July (both inclusive) shall be granted on 1st day of January and the increment in respect of an employee appointed or promoted or granted financial upgradation under MACPS during the period between the 2nd day of July and 1st day of January (both inclusive) shall be granted on 1st day of July.
2. A number of references has been received in this Department seeking clarification regarding drawal of next increment by the employees promoted or granted financial upgradation including upgradation under Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme (MACPS) on 1st July, 2016.
3. The matter has been considered. During the regime of pay structure obtaining immediately prior to 01.01.2016, when the annual increment was admissible uniformly on 1st July every year, the increment was admissible on 1st July, provided the condition of 6 (six) months’ service was fulfilled. Thereafter, the next increment used to be given after a period of 12 (twelve) months. However, the date of increment has been modified in the revised pay structure in terms of Rule 10 of MS(RP) Rules, 2019 by way of 2 (two) dates of increment on 1st January and 1st July. In this regard, it is clarified that in case an employee is promoted or granted financial upgradation including upgradation under the MACP Scheme on 1st January or 1st July, where the pay is fixed in the Level applicable to the post on which promotion is made in accordance with the Rule 12 of the MS(RP) Rules, 2019, the first increment in the Level applicable to the post on which promotion is made shall accrue on the following 1st July or 1st January, as the case may be, provided a period of 6 (six) months qualifying service is strictly fulfilled. The next increment thereafter shall, however, accrue only after completion of one year.
4. It is further clarified that the State Government employee promoted on regular basis or granted financial upgradation on any date other than the date of his or her annual increment in lower grade and exercises the option under F.R.22(I)(a)(1) for fixation of pay from the date of accrual of next increment in the scale of pay in lower grade, he or she may be allowed the 1st increment in promotional grade on 1st January or 1st July as the case may be, after completion of 6 (Six) months qualifying service after such fixation on 1st July or 1st January (i.e. the date of increment in lower grade) on the analogy of para 3 above. The next increment, thereafter, shall however, accrue only after completion of one year.
5. Since there is material change, the employees who have been regularly promoted or granted financial upgradation on or after 01-01-2016 and desire to exercise or re-exercise option for pay fixation under F.R.22(I)(A)(1) shall be given an opportunity to exercise or re-exercise of the option thereunder. Such an option shall be exercised within 1 month of issue of this O.M.
6. These instructions will be applicable with effect from 01-01-2016.
Chief Secretary (Finance)
Government of Manipur.