Andhra Pradesh G.O – Married women Employees 180 days paid Maternity Leave
GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
Public Services – Outsourcing and Contract Services – Married Women Employees – Sanction of one hundred and eighty (180) days paid Maternity Leave – Orders – Issued.
FINANCE (HR.I-Plg. & Policy) DEPARTMENT
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No.53, Finance (HR.I-Plg. 86 Policy) Dept., dt. 01.05.2018.
2. G.O.Rt.No.3080, General Admn (Cabinet) Dept., dt. 09.09.2014.
In the Government order 1st read above, orders were issued for sanction of sixty (60) days of paid maternity leave equivalent to the existing remuneration drawn by the women employees working on Contract or on Outsourcing basis for the first two deliveries to the married women employees, duly relaxing the cases of employees having less-than two surviving children.
2. In the Government order 2nd read above, the Government have constituted a committee of Group of Ministers under the Chairmanship of Hon’ble Minister for Finance to review the existing system of contractual employment and make necessary recommendations.
3. The Group of Ministers (GoM) in principle have agreed for sanction of 180 days of paid maternity leave to the female married employees.
4. After careful examination of the matter Government hereby order that the married women contract 86 outsourcing employees are eligible for 180 days of paid maternity leave for the first two deliveries. This condition is relaxed in cases of employees having less than two surviving children.
5. The paid maternity leave shall be equivalent to the existing remuneration drawn by the above women employees. The statutory benefits such as EPF and ESI and other recoveries wherever admissible shall also be admissible by treating them as “on duty”.
6. These orders come into force with effect from 01.04.2019.
7. The benefit of 180 days of paid maternity leave is admissible to the women employees working on contract and outsourcing basis.
8. copy of this order is available on line and can be accessed at address: http:/www.ap.gov.in/goir.
(By order and in the name of the governot of andhra pradesh)
MUDDADA RAVI CHANDRA
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT (FAC)