contributory pension scheme (CPS/NPS) – an expert committee for review of the contributory pension scheme and examining demand for continuing Old Pension Scheme – constituted order issued
GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
contributory pension scheme (CPS/NPS) – an expert committee for review of the contributory pension scheme and examining demand for continuing Old Pension Scheme – constituted order issued.
FINANCE (HR.3-PENSION-I) DEPARTMENT
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No.653 Finance(Pen-1) Department, dated: 22-09-2004
2. G.O.Ms.No.654 Finance(Pen-1) Department, dated: 22-09-2004
3. G.O.Ms.No.655 Finance(Pen-1) Department, dated: 22-09-2004
4. representations from various service Associations, public representatives for restoration of Old Pension Scheme.
In G.O. 1st to 3rd read above, Government of Andhra Pradesh adopted the Government of India’s New Pension Scheme based on Defined Contributions for the employees of the state, who are newly recruited on or after 01.09.2004.
2. Several representations and requests have been received from various service associations and people representatives for de-adoption of contributory pension scheme and restoration of Old Pension Scheme for the State Government Employees.
3. Keeping in view of the representations from the service associations and people representatives, the Government hereby constitute an expert committee with the following compostition.
1. Sri. S.P.Tucker, IAS (Retd),
Former chief secretary to Government – Chairperson
2. Sri.Peeyush Kumar IAS
Secretary to Govt (FP),
Finance Department – Member Secretary
3. Sri. D.Venkata Ramana,
Secretary to Government,
Law Department – Member
4. Prof. K.Muniratnam Naidu (Retd)
Professor in Economics
S.P.Mahila University, Tirupathi – Member
5. Prof Galab
Professor in Economics
Director, CESS, Hyderabad – Member
4. Terms of reference for the committee:
i. To submit a detailed report analysing the repercussions, both legal and financial of reviewing the contributory pension scheme now in force.
ii. To submit a detailed report analysing the impact of contributory pension scheme on the state Finances.
iii. To suggest propositions regarding the liabilities and risks that may arise out of the agreements entered into with NPS trust and NSDL.
iv. In case it is to withdraw the contributory pension scheme and in lieu of it to implement the statutory pension scheme, suggest propostitions for refund of the contrubutions made by the employees & employer so fay?
v. In case it is to withdraw the contributory pension scheme and in lieu of it to implement the statutory pension shceme, what will be the legality of such a decision with respect to those who have already retired from service after serving under the contributory pension scheme? or expired while in service?
vi. to analyse the status of the scheme in detail and the experiences and current scenarios of other states that have implement the contributory pension scheme
vii. In case if the scheme is continued, what are the various steps that can be taken to make it more attractive/beneficial?
viii. To make suggestions in other matters that the committee finds relevant with regard to the review of the contributory pension scheme.
5. The term of the committee shall be 3 months from the date of issue of orders.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
ANIL CHANDRA PUNETHA
CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT