PENSIONS – Adoption of Revised Pay Scales with effect from July 01, 2013 – Sanction of Consolidated Pension/ Family Pension – Enhancement of Minimum Pension and Financial Assistance- Orders- issued
GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
PENSIONS – Adoption of Revised Pay Scales with effect from July 01, 2013 – Sanction of Consolidated Pension/ Family Pension – Enhancement of Minimum Pension and Financial Assistance- Orders- issued.
FINANCE (HRM.VI-PENSION) DEPARTMENT
Dated: May 08, 2015
Read the following:
1. G.O.Ms.No.100. Finance (Pen.I) Dept., dated:06.04.2010
2. G.O.Ms.No.95, G.A. (Spl.A) Dept., dated. 28.02.2013
3. G.O.Ms.No.11, Finance (Pen.I) Dept., dated. 09.01.2014.
4. G.O.Ms.No.199, Finance (HRM.VI) Dept., dated. 10.10.2014.
5. G.O.Rt.No.4050, G.A. (Cabinet) Dept., dated. 15.12.2014
6. G.O.Ms.No.46, Finance (HRM.V- PC.I) Dept., dated:30.04.2015
1. In the order second read above, the Government constituted the Tenth Pay Revision Commission (PRC) to make recommendations on a range of terms-of-reference (TOR) addressing the pay and allowances of employees serving the Government of Andhra Pradesh and the pension and family pension of those who had served the Government.
2. The Pay Revision Commission in its report submitted to the Government made certain recommendations relating to the consolidation of Pension/ Family Pension, enhancement of minimum pension and allied assistance.
3. The Government after careful consideration of the recommendation of Pay Revision Commission hereby order that:
i. the existing Pension/Family Pension, in respect of those retired or died while in service prior to July 01, 2013, and in the case of family pensioners who are in receipt of Family pension as on July 01, 2013, shall be consolidated, by adding 43% of basic Pension/ basic Family Pension as fitment and merging the Dearness Relief @ 63.344% admissible on July 01, 2013. It shall be known as the Revised Consolidated Basic Pension/ Revised Consolidated Basic Family Pension.
ii. While consolidating the Pension, the additional quantum paid to pensioners on attaining the specified ages, which is shown distinctly, should be ignored.
iii. This Revised Consolidated Basic Pension or Revised Consolidated Basic Family Pension shall come into force with effect from July 01, 2013, notionally. The monetary benefit shall be allowed with effect from June 02, 2014.
iv. As regards the arrears on account of consolidation of Pension/Family pension/Financial Assistance from June 02, 2014 to March 31, 2015, orders will be issued separately. The consolidated Pension/Family Pension shall be paid in cash from the month of April 2015 onwards.
4. While fixing the consolidated basic pension/ basic family pension as above, part of a rupee, if any arrived, should be rounded off to the next higher rupee.
5. The Interim Relief paid from January 01, 2014 to June 01, 2014 shall not be recovered. The Interim Relief paid for the period beyond June 02, 2014, shall be adjusted from the monetary benefit payable on account of revision of consolidated basic pension consolidated basic family pension.
6. A ready reckoner has been appended to this order as Annexure –I. This ready reckoner can be used as reference for payment of the arrears of pension and fixation of Revised Consolidated Basic Pension/Revised Consolidated Basic Family Pension ordered above.
7. In the case of employees who retired on or after June 02, 2014, the pension shall be calculated on the pay in Revised Pay Scales 2015 only.
8. The employees who retired between July 01, 2013 and June 01, 2014 are eligible for revision of their pay in the Revised Pay Scales 2015, notionally as per the orders issued in the G.O. 6th read above. As such, the pensions of these employees have to be revised notionally based on the revised pay in Revised Pay Scales, 2015 and monetary benefit should be allowed from June 02, 2014, only.
9. The Government hereby order for payment of Dearness Relief on the Revised Consolidated Basic Pension/ Revised Consolidated Basic Family Pension as well as on the Pension/ Family Pension fixed with reference to the pay drawn in the Revised Pay Scales 2015 at the rates applicable from time to time with effect from January 01, 2014 and July 01, 2014 as indicated below.
Date of Effect
Rates of Dearness Relief sanctioned by Government of India
Revised rates of Dearness Relief (Revised Pay Scales, 2015)
Dearness Relief (0.524% for each one point)
Dearness Relief (Cumulative)
01 January 2014
01 July 2014
7% (100 – 107)
10. The Dearness Relief shall be rounded off to the next higher rupee. These orders are applicable to:
a. All Government Pensioners governed by A.P. Revised Pension Rules, 1980
b. Service pensioners who retired or died prior to July 01, 2013.
c. Family pensioners who are in receipt of pension as on July 01, 2013.
d. Provisional Pensioners and Anticipatory Pensioners.
11. The above consolidation of pension does not apply to:
a) Those who are drawing pension/ family pension on R e v i s e d U.G.C./ICAR/ AICTE P a y S c a l e s .
b) Pensioners/Family Pensioners of the members of the Andhra Pradesh State Higher Judicial Service and Andhra Pradesh State Judicial Service.
c) Financial Assistance grantees who are not getting Dearness Relief.
d) Those who are appointed on or after 01.09.2004.
e) Retired Members of the All India Services
12. Revised Consolidated Basic Pension now sanctioned shall be with reference to the existing basic Pension, that is, including commuted portion of Pension. As such, the commuted portion of pension, which remained unrestored, should be deducted from the Revised Consolidated Basic Pension while making monthly disbursements.
13. In respect of pensioners and family pensioners who are re-employed, employed, their pension/ family pension shall also be notionally consolidated and Revised Consolidated Basic Pension/ Revised Consolidated Basic Family pension arrived at notionally. The pay drawn by the re-employed pensioners during the period of reemployment shall also be re-fixed taking into account the Revised Consolidated Basic Pension. Dearness Relief beyond July 01, 2013, will not be admissible to them during the period of re-employment as per the orders issued in G.O.Ms.No.145, Finance and Planning (FW.PSC) Department dated 16.10.2000.
14. At the time of noting Revised Consolidated Basic Pension on the Pension Payment Order, the Pension Disbursing Officer shall simultaneously calculate and note the corresponding Revised Consolidated Basic Enhanced Family Pension and Revised Consolidated Basic Normal Family Pension on the Pension Payment orders. Similarly, in case where Enhanced Family Pension is being paid, the Normal Family Pension to be payable in future should also be consolidated and noted on the Pension Payment Orders.
15. The pension disbursing officers shall communicate the amount of Revised Consolidated Basic Pension and Revised Consolidated Basic Enhanced Family Pension /Revised Consolidated Basic Normal Family Pension to all the service pensioners, family pensioners and obtain their acknowledgment in token of having received the same. Simultaneously, the details of Revised Consolidated Basic Pension/ Revised Consolidated Basic Family Pension shall be kept in the treasury website.
16. Government also hereby order that the existing Minimum Pension of Rs. 3,350 per month shall be enhanced to Rs.6,500 per month. This enhancement shall come into force with effect from July 01, 2013, with the monetary benefit accruing from June 02, 2014.
17. In respect of pensioners whose Revised Consolidated Basic Pension/ Revised Consolidated Basic Family Pension falls short of Rs.6,500 per month, the same shall be raised to Rs.6,500 per month.
18. Enhancement of minimum pension shall apply to those pensioners referred to in Para-10 above and the Pensioners who are in receipt of Family Pension under G.O.Ms.No.83, Finance and Planning (FW. Pen-I) Department, dated 05.03.1983 and G.O.Ms.No.314, Finance and Planning (FW. Pen-I) Department, dated 21.11.1983.
19. The minimum pension shall include the commuted portion of pension. As such commuted portion of pension has to be deducted from the minimum pension of Rs.6,500 per month while making monthly disbursement except in respect of pensioners whose commutation is restored as per the existing orders.
20. The Government also hereby order that the existing Financial Assistance of Rs.3,350 per month shall be revised and placed at the minimum of family pension of Rs.6,500 per month. No Dearness Relief will be admissible on this Financial Assistance. This enhancement shall come into force with effect from July 01, 2013, with the monetary benefit from June 02, 2014.
21. In respect of pensioners drawing two pensions viz. Service Pension and Family Pension, both pensions shall separately be eligible for enhancement to a minimum of Rs.6,500 per month. The employed Family Pensioner shall be entitled for payment of Dearness Relief on Family Pension irrespective of the fact that he/ she is getting Dearness Allowance on his/ her pay. This provision, however, shall not be applicable to the Government employees who are appointed on compassionate grounds.
22. All Pension Disbursing Officers, i.e. all Treasury Officers/Pension Payment Officers are requested to implement these orders without any further authorization from the Accountant General (A&E), Andhra Pradesh & Telangana Hyderabad/ Director of State Audit, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad.
23. The expenditure is allocable among the various States in accordance with the provisions of G.O.Ms.No.198 Finance Department, dated.10.07.1969, G.O. Ms. No. 97 Finance (PSC) Department, dated.07.05.2014, G.O.Ms.No.122 Finance (Pen. I) Department, dated 22.05.2014 and also as per instructions issued vide Circular Memo No. 9665/125/PSC/2014 Finance (PSC) Department dated 06.05.2014.
24. In respect of the categories of employees who are not covered for payment through the Treasuries, the expenditure shall be debited to the Pension Funds of the concerned Institutions/ Bodies.
25. Any pension consolidations contrary to the above procedure are liable for revision of pension and the excess amount paid thereon shall be recovered from the Dearness Relief of the concerned without any notice.
26. This Order can be accessed at: http://www.aponline.gov.in, http://www.goir.ap.gov.in and http://www.apfinance.gov.in
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
DR. P.V. RAMESH
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
Source: Original Order Click here