Pay Revision –Tamil Nadu Revised Scales of Pay Rules, 2009 Requests for further revision of scale of pay – Deferred – Orders – Issued.
FINANCE (CMPC) DEPARTMENT
Thiruvalluvar Aandu, 2046.
1. Government Letter No.14100/Pay Ce11/1996-1, dated:07-11-1996.
2. G.O.Ms.No.234, Finance (Pay Cell) Department, dated: 1-6-2009.
3. G.O.Ms.No.444, Finance (Pay Cell) Department, dated: 09-09-2009
4. G.O.Ms.No.123, Finance (Pay Cell) Department, dated: 10-4 2012.
In the Government Order second read above, orders were issued revising the scales of pay of employees / teachers on a ” pay scale to pay scale basis” notionally with effect from 1-1-2006 with monetary benefit from 1-1-2007 based on the recommendations of the Official Committee. Subsequently, One Man Commission was constituted to examine the anomalies, consequent on the implementation of the revised scales of pay and more specifically to examine the representations of the teachers associations to extend Central Scales of pay. The recommendation of the One Man Commission was accepted by Government in toto and 87 Government Orders were issued department-wise revising the pay scales of various categories.
2) As per the orders of the Hon’ble High Court, dated:08-03—-2012 in W.P.No.7006 of 2011, the Government constituted “Pay Grievance Redressal Cell” (PGRC) to examine the representations received from the employees associations / Heads of Department / individual employees including the aggrieved petitioners in Writ Petitions filed challenging the G.O.Ms.No.71, Finance (Pay Cell) Department, dated:26-02-2011. An elaborate exercise was done by the PGRC on 4376 representations received from various associations / individuals / Writ Petitioners and heard their grievances in person before arriving at conclusions. Based on the recommendations of the PGRC, 89 Government Orders were issued benefitting around two lakhs employees.
3) In spite of further revision in pay scales as indicated above, several court cases have been filed by individual employees I associations, seeking further pay revision. Further a number of requests are being made by individual employees / associations and information on present their request are sought under Right to Information Act 2005, which has resulted in voluminous work in Finance Department. Further, nine years has already lapsed since the implementation of revised pay scales and therefore requests for further pay revisions cannot be entertained at this juncture with retrospective effect.
4) The Government after careful consideration has decided to examine the anomalies /requests for further pay revision at the time of general pay revision by constituting commission/ committee. Accordingly, Government direct that the representations received from the associations/individual employees requesting for further revision of pay Band/Grade pay be deferred till a commission/committee is constituted fro general pay revision. The principal secretaries/Secretaries to Government shall issue necessary instructions in this regard to the heads of Department under their administrative control for strict adherence.
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
Principal Secretary to Government