Tamil Nadu Order – Dearness Allowance 27% with effect from 1st July 2009
GOVERNMENT OF TAMIL NADU
FINANCE (ALLOWANCES) DEPARTMENT
G.O. No.470, Dated 22nd September, 2009
(Puratasi 6, Thiruvalluvar Aandu 2040)
ALLOWANCES – Dearness Allowance – Enhanced Rate of Dearness Allowance from 1st July, 2009 – Orders – Issued.
READ – the following papers:
1. G.O.Ms.No.234, Finance (Pay Cell) Department, dated 01.06.2009.
2. From the Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure, New Delhi, Office Memorandum No.1(6)/2009-E-II (B) dated 18.09.2009.
In the Government Order first read above, based on the recommendations of the Official Committee, orders were issued on revision of scales of pay, etc. Among others, orders were issued in para 2 (iii) of the said Government Order sanctioning the revised rates of Dearness Allowance with effect from 1st July 2006 to 1st January 2009 as shown below:-
With effect from 01.07.2006 – 2% of basic pay + grade pay
With effect from 01.01.2007 – 6% of basic pay + grade pay
With effect from 01.07.2007 – 9% of basic pay + grade pay
With effect from 01.01.2008 – 12% of basic pay + grade pay
With effect from 01.07.2008 – 16% of basic pay + grade pay
With effect from 01.01.2009 – 22% of basic pay + grade pay
2. The Government of India in its Office Memorandum second read above has enhanced the Dearness Allowance payable to its employees from 22% to 27% with effect from 1st July, 2009.
3. Following the orders issued by the Government of India, the Government sanction the revised rate of Dearness Allowance to the State Government employees as indicated below:-
Date from which payable
Rate of Dearness Allowance (per month)
1st July, 2009
27% per cent of pay plus Grade pay
4. The Government also direct that the above increase in Dearness Allowance shall be paid in cash with effect from 1.7.2009.
5. The arrears of Dearness Allowance for the months of July, August and September, 2009 shall be paid after the disbursement of salary of September, 2009. While working out the revised Dearness Allowance, fraction of a rupee shall be rounded off to next higher rupee if such fraction is 50 paise and above and shall be ignored if it is less than 50 paise.
6. The Government also direct that the revised Dearness Allowance sanctioned above, shall be admissible to full time employees who are at present getting Dearness Allowance and paid from contingencies at fixed monthly rates. The revised rates of Dearness Allowance sanctioned in this order shall not be admissible to part time employees.
7. The revised Dearness Allowance sanctioned in this order shall also apply to the teaching and non-teaching staff working in aided educational institutions, employees under local bodies, employees governed by the University Grants Commission/All India Council for Technical Education scales of pay, the Teachers/Physical Directors/Librarians in Government and Aided Polytechnics and Special Diploma Institutions, Village Assistants in Revenue Department, Noon Meal Organisers, Child Welfare Organisers, Anganwadi Workers, Cooks, Helpers, Panchayat Assistants/Clerks in Village Panchayat under Rural Development and Panchayat Raj Department.
8. The expenditure shall be debited to the detailed head of account `03. Dearness Allowance’ under the relevant sub, minor, sub-major and major heads of account.
9. The Treasury Officers / Pay and Accounts Officers are requested to make payment of the revised Dearness Allowance when bills are presented without waiting for the authorization from the Principal Accountant General (A&E) TN., Chennai-18.
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
signed Copy Click here