Odisha Order – Sanction of Dearness Allowance @ 2% enhancing the existing rate from 5% to 7% with effect from 01.01.2018
GOVERNMENT OF ODISHA
Sub: Sanction of Dearness Allowance @ 2% enhancing the existing rate from 5% to 7% with effect from 01.01.2018 in favour of State Government Employees drawing pay in Revised Scale of Pay, 2017.
Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure in their Office Memorandum No.1/1/2018-E-II(B), dated 15.03.2018 have enhanced Dearness Allowance payable to the Central Government Employees from existing 5% to 7% with effect from 01.01.2018.
2. Now, considering the overall financial resources and fiscal target stipulated under Odisha Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act, 2005, the State Government have been pleased to release additional dose of D.A. @ 2% enhancing the same from the existing rate of 5% to 7% on the Basic pay with effect from 01.01.2018 in case of State Government Employees, covered under the ORSP Rules, 2017.
3. This additional dose of D.A. @ 2% on the Basic pay with effect from 01.01.2018 and manner of payment to the State Government employees as above is also applicable to the following category of employees covered under ORSP Rules, 2017.
All India Service Officers serving in the affairs of the State Government for which GA & PG Department will issue Orders separately.
Work-Charged Employees drawing in regular scale of pay under the ORSP Rules, 2017.
4. D.A. in accordance with this Memorandum will also be admissible to the State Government employees who were in service on 01.01.2018, but have ceased to be in service at the time of sanction of D.A. as per the revised scale of pay.
5. The Additional dose of D.A. will be paid in cash and can be drawn in the Pay Bill of April, 2018 payable in the month of May, 2018 and onwards. Arrear from the month of January, 2018 to March, 2018 on account of the enhanced D.A. shall not be drawn before the date of disbursement of salary of April, 2018.
6. The bill for drawal of D.A. as per revised scale of pay will be submitted to all Treauries/Special Treasuries/Sub-Treasuries along with the pay bill for the month of April, 2018 and onwards.
7. The term of “Basic Pay” in the revised pay struture means the pay drawn in the prescribed level in the Pay Matrix but does not include any other type of pay like Special Pay.
8. The payment on accont of Dearness Allowance involving fractions of 50 paise and above may be rounded to the next higer rupee and fractions of less than 50 paise may be ignored.
9. The payment of arrears of Dearness Allowance from January, 2018 to March, 2018 on account of enhanced D.A. will be drawn and disbursed latest by 31.03.2019.
By orders of the Governor,
(Tuhin Kanta Pandey)
Principal secretary to Government