Odisha Order – 6th CPC Dearness Allowance January 2018
GOVERNMENT OF ODISHA
Sub: Sanction of Dearness Allowance @ 3% enhancing the existing rate from 139% to 142% with effect from 01.01.2018 in favour of State Government employees drawing pay in pre-revised scales of Pay, 2008.
Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure in their Office Memorandum No.1/3/2008-E-II(B), dated 28.03.2018 have enhanced Dearness Allowance payable to the Central Government Employees from existing 139% to 142% with effect from 01.01.2018 in pre-revised scales as per the 6th Central Pay Commission.
2. Now, considering the overall financial resources and fiscal target stipulated under Odisha Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act, 2005, the State Government have been pleased to release additional dose of D.A. @ 3% enhancing the same from the existing rate of 139% to 142% on the Basic pay and Grade Pay taken together with effect from 01.01.2018 in case of State Government Employees, who are drawing pay in pre-revised scales under the ORSP Rules, 2008. The Additional dose of D.A. will be paid in cash and can be drawn in thr Pay Bill of April, 2018 and onwards.
3. Payment of enhanced D.A. @ 142% with effect from 1st January, 2018 to the State Government Employees and Employess of Aided Educational Institutions drawing pay under ORSP Rules, 2008 will be at par with D.A. sanctioned by Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure Office Memorandum No.1/3/2008-E.II(B), dated 28.03.2018.
4. This additional dose of D.A. @ 3% on Basic Pay and Grade Pay taken together with effect from 01.01.2018 and manner of payment to the State Government Employees as above is also applicable to the following categories of employees drawing pay under ORSP Rules, 2008.
i) The Teaching and Non-Teaching staff of Universities who are in receipt of regular scale of pay for whom the State Government is bearing full salary cost. These also include teachers of Universities who enjoy AICTE/UGC scale under ORSP (College Teachers) Rules, 2010 and Medical College Teachers under ORSP (Medical College Teachers) Rules, 2010.
ii) Subordinate Judicial officers drawing their pay in accordance with Law Department Resolution No.8318/L dated 02.08.2010.
iii) Work-Charged Employees drawing in regular scale of pay under the ORSP Rules, 2008; and
iv) Job Contract Workers of Consolidation and Settlement Organisation who are in receipt of fixed pay in regular scale of pay under ORSP Rules, 2008 and D.A. sanctioned thereon from time to time.
5. D.A. in accordance with this Memorandum will also be admissible to the State Government Employees, who were in service on the 1st January, 2018 and drawing pay under ORSP rules, 200 but have ceased to be in service at the time of sanction of this enhanced D.A.
6. The bill for drawal of enhanced D.A. @ 3% with effect from 01.01.2018 to the State Government Employees and employees of Aided Educational Institutions, drawing pay under ORSP Rules-2008 will be submitted to all Treasuries/Special Treasuries/Sub-Treasuries along with pay Bill for the month April, 2018 payable in May, 2018 and onwards.
7. the payment of arrears of Dearness Allowance from January, 2018 to March, 2018 on account of enhanced D.A. will be drawn and disbursed after drawal of salary of April, 2018 and latest by 31.03.2019.
By orders of the Governor,
(Tuhin Kanta Pandey)
Principal Secretary to Government