Karnataka state government employees Dearness Allowance 6.50% to 11.25% of Basic Pay with effect from 1st July 2019
PROCEEDINGS OF THE GOVERNMENT OF KARNATAKA
Sub:- Revision of the rates of Dearness Allowance-reg.
READ: (1) G.O. No. FD 06 SRP 2018 dated: 19.04.2018
(2) G.O. No. FD 12 SRP 2018 dated: 18.06.2018
(3) G.O. No. FD 21 SRP 2018 dated: 12.10.2018
(4) G.O. No. FD 1 SRP 2019 dated: 28.03.2019.
GOVERNMENT ORDER NO.FD 15 SRP 2019,
BANGALORE, DATED 19th OCTOBER 2019.
Government are pleased to enhance the rates of Dearness Allowance payable to the State Government Employees in the 2018 Revised Pay Scales from the existing 6.50% to 11.25% of Basic Pay with effect from 1st July 2019.
2. These orders will apply to the full time Government Employees, Employees of Zilla Panchayats, Work Charged Employees on regular time scales of pay, full time Employees of Aided Educational Institutions and Universities who are on regular time scales of pay.
3. For the purpose of this order, the term ‘Basic Pay’ means, pay drawn by a Government Employee in the scale of pay applicable to the post held by him and includes:
a. Stagnation increment, if any, granted to him above the maximum of the scale of pay;
b. Personal Pay, if any, granted to him under sub-rule (3) of Rule 7 read with Rule 3(c) of the Karnataka Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2018;
c. Additional increment, if any, granted to him above the maximum of the scale of pay.
4. Basic Pay shall not include any emoluments other than those specified above.
5. Government are also pleased to enhance the rates of Dearness Allowance from the existing 6.50% to 11.25% of the Basic Pension/Family Pension with effect from 1st July 2019 to the State Government Pensioners/Family Pensioners as well as Pensioners/Family Pensioners of the Aided Educational Institutions whose Pension/Family Pension is paid out of the Consolidated Fund of the State.
6. These orders are also applicable to retired teachers who were on 2006 revised UGC/AICTE/ICAR scales of pay and who retired prior to 01.01.2016.
7. Separate orders will be issued in respect of pensioners who were on 2006 revised UGC/AICTE/ICAR scales of pay and retired on or after 01.01.2016.
8. Separate orders will be issued in respect of Employees on UGC/AICTE/ICAR/NWC scales of pay and also in respect of NJPC Pensioners.
9. The increase in Dearness Allowance admissible under this order is payable in cash.
10.The payment of arrears of Dearness Allowance shall not be made before the date of disbursement of salary for the month of October 2019
11. The payment on account of Dearness Allowance involving fractions of 50 paise and above shall be rounded to the next rupee and fractions less than 50 paise shall be ignored.
12. The Dearness Allowance will be shown as a distinct element of remuneration and will not be treated as pay for any purpose.
BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE
GOVERNOR OF KARNATAKA
Deputy Secretary to Government
Finance Department (Services-2)
Karnataka G.O Order download