Karnataka G.O – Revision of the rates of Dearness Allowance payable to Teaching Staff on 2016 revised UGC/ICAR scales of pay
PROCEEDINGS OF THE GOVERNMENT OF KARNATAKA
Sub:- Revision of the rates of Dearness Allowance payable to Teaching Staff on 2016 revised UGC/ICAR scales of pay – reg.
READ: – 1. G.O. No. FD 26 SRP 2018 dated: 30-10-2018.
2. G.O. No. AHF 113 VET 2018 dated: 16-03-2019.
3. G.O. No. ED 483 UNE 2017 dated: 16-03-2019.
4. G.O. No. AGD 127 AUM 2017 dated: 21-03-2019.
5. G.O. No. HCD 20 HEG 2018 dated: 21-03-2019.
In Government orders dated: 16-03-2019 and 21-03-2019 read at (2) to (5) above orders have been issued revising the pay scale of faculties working in Government I Aided First Grade Colleges, Universities under the control of IIigher Education Department as well as in respect of faculties working in Agriculture, Horticulture and Veterinary Sciences Universities in the State w.e.f. 01-01-2016.
In the said Government orders, provisions have been made to regulate the rates of dearness allowance on par with the rates sanctioned by GOT, subject to issue of Government order in this regard. However, in the said orders it has been ordered that the benefit of all allowances, including the benefit of dearness allowance in revised pay scale are admissible prospectively from the date of issue of respective orders. As stated above, the benefit of pay in the 2016 revised UGC/ICAR pay scale to the teachers and equivalent cadre staff working in Government/Aided First grade colleges and in Universities of the State as indicated in respective orders have been extended from 01.01.2016. Hence, in view of the administrative exigency, Government have considered it necessary to grant the benefit of Dearness allowance in the 2016 Revised Pay Scales to these category of employees w.e.f. 01.01.2019.
Accordingly the following orders are issued.
GOVERNMENT ORDER NO. ED 3 SRP 2019
BENGALURU, DATED 15th MAY 2019
Government are pleased to enhance the rates of Dearness Allowance payable to the teaching staff who are on 2016 Revised UGC/ICAR pay scales from 09% to 12% of the revised basic pay with effect from 1st January 2019.
2. For the purpose of this order, the term ‘Basic Pay’ means, the pay drawn by a Government employee in the 2016 Revised UGC/ICAR pay applicable to the post held by him.
3. Basic Pay shall not include any other emoluments.
4. Payment of arrears of Dearness Allowance shall not be made before the fixation of pay in 2016 Revised UGC/ICAR pay scales.
5. The Dearness Allowance admissible under this order is payable in cash until further orders.
6. The payment on account of Dearness Allowance involving fractions of 50 paise and above shall be rounded off to the next rupee and fractions less than 50 paise shall be ignored.
7. The Dearness Allowance will be shown as a distinct element of remuneration and will not be treated as pay for any purpose.
BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE
GOVERNOR OF KARNATAKA
Deputy Secretary to Government,
Finance Department (Services-2)