Assam Order – Payment of Dearness Allowance/Dearness Relief to the Serving Government Employees/State Government Pensioners/Family Pension Holders/Extra Ordinary Pension Holders in Revised rates effective from 01/01/2018
GOVERNMENT OF ASSAM
FINANCE (ESTT-A) DEPARTMENT
Dated Dispur. the 24th April, 2018
Sub: Payment of Dearness Allowance/Dearness Relief to the Serving Government Employees/State Government Pensioners/Family Pension Holders/Extra Ordinary Pension Holders in Revised rates effective from 01/01/2018 applicable for revised pay scales as per A.S.(ROP) Rules, 2017.
The undersigned is directed to refer to Finance Department’s O.M.No.FEG.8/2017/29 dated 01/11/2017 and to say that Governor of Assam is pleased to decide that the Dearness Allowance/Dearness Relief (DA/DR) to the State Government employees and the pensioners who are entitled to draw pay & pension as peer A.S.(ROP) Rules, 2017 shall be admissible as per rate shown below:
Period from which payable
Rate of D.A./D.R. enhanced
Rate of D.A./D.R. per mensem
7% of Basic Pay/Basic Pension
Note:- The payment on account of D.A./D.R. involving fractions of 50 paise and above may be rounded off to the next higher rupee and fraction of less than 50 paise may be ignored.
2) The order shall apply to Government employees who are brought over to the revised scale of pay w.e.f. 01/04/2016 and to those who elected to retain the scale of pay that prevailed prior to 01/04/2016. In case of the former, pay for the purpose of D.A. will be as defined in F.R. 9(21) (a) (i) including stagnation increment. Those Govt. employees who exercised option to retain the scale of pay that existed prior to 01/04/2016 shall continue to draw the D.A. as is appropriate to the pay scales in force on 31/03/2016.
3) The orders shall also be applicable to work charged employees and to those paid from contingencies and holding posts carrying identical pay scales as applicable to the employees of the regular establishment of corresponding categories.
4) The amount sanctioned shall be classified as D.A./D.R. and the expenditure for the purpose will be debitable to the detailed head of Salary, Wages or Pension under respective head of account from which Govt. employees draw their pay and the Pensioners draw their pension.
5) (i) The current enhanced rate 7% DA/DR shall be paid along with monthly pay/pension from the month of April, 2018.
(ii) The arrear D.A./D.R/ with effect from 01/01/2018 to 31/03/2018 shall be paid in a singly installment through Bank Accounts of the Employees/Pensioners.
6) The Treasuries and Sub-Treasuries in Assam/Authorized Public Sector Banks are requested to arrange for the payment of Dearness relief to the Pensioners/Family Pension Holders/Extra Ordinary Pension Holders on the basis of this O.M.
(SHYAM HAGANNATHAN, IAS)
Commissioner & Secretary to the Govt. of Assam.