Assam DA/DR 131% with effect from 01-07-2016 to 31-10-2016
GOVERNMENT OF ASSAM
FINANCE (ESTT- A) DEPARTMENT
DISPUR, GUWAHATI – 6
Dated Dispur, the 3rd November, 2016
Sub: Payment of Dearness Allowance/Dearness Relief to the Serving Government Employees/State Government Pensioners/Family Pension Holders/Extra Ordinary Pension Holders in Revised rates effective from 01-07-2016.
The undersigned is directed to refer to Finance Department’s O.M.No.FEG.4/2010/153 dated 06-06-2016 and to say that the Governor of Assam is pleased to enhance the rate of Dearness Allowance/Dearness Relief (DA/DR) as regard to State Government Employees and the Pensioners as per rate below:-
|Period from which payable||Rate of Enhancement||Rate of DA/DR Per Mensem|
|From 01-07-2016||6%||131% of Basic Pay/Basic Pension|
Note: The payment on account of DA/DR involving fractions of 50 Paise and above may be rounded off to the next higher rupee and fraction of less than 50 paise may be ignored.
2. The order shall apply to Government employees who are brought over to the revised scale of pay w.e.f 1.1.2006 and to those who elected to retain the scale of pay that prevailed prior to 1-1-2006. In case of the former, pay for the purpose of DA will be as defined in F.R.-9 (21) (a) (i) including stagnation increment. Those govt. Servants who exercised option to retain the scale of pay that existed prior to 1-1-2006 shall continue to draw the DA as is appropriate to the pay scales in force on 31-12-2005. They are also entitled to the DA sanctioned by the Government after 1-1-2006. On computing pay for this purpose, pay will include the pay plus DA on price index of 1510 points sanctioned vide O.M.No.FEG.42/90/204, dt.14th March,1996 and Interim Relief sanctioned vide O.M.No.FPC.6/2008/13, dated 30-05-2008, O.M.FPC.6/2008/Pt/4, dated 2/1/2009 and O.M.No.FPC.6/2008/30, dated 4/9/2009 till their pays are brought to the revised scale.
3. The orders shall also be applicable to work charged employees and to those paid from contingencies and holding posts carrying identical pay scales as applicable to the employees of the regular establishments of corresponding categories.
4. The amount sanctioned shall be classified as DA/DR and the expenditure for the purpose will be debitable to the detailed head of salary, wages or pension under respective head of account from which Govt. employees draw their pay and the pensioners draw their pension.
5. (i) The current enhanced rate of 131% DA/DR shal be paid along with monthly pay/pension from the month of November,2016.
(ii) The arrear DA/DR w.e.f. 01-07-2016 to 31-10-2016 shall be paid through Bank Account of the Employees/Pensioners in a single installment in December, 2016.
6. The Treasuries and sub-treasuries in Assam/Authorized public sector banks are requested to arrange for the payment of Dearness Relief to the Pensioners/Family Pension Holders/Extra ordinary Pension Holders on the basis of this O.M.
Commissioner & Secretary to the Govt of Assam
Finance (Estt.-A) Department.