Tamil Nadu 7th Pay Commission – Revision of Pay and Allowance and other related Benefits
FINANCE (CMPC) DEPARTMENT
Chennai – 600 009.
Letter No.54867/CMPC/2017-1, dated: 30-10-2017
Thiru K.SHANMUGAM, I.A.S.,
Additional Chief Secretary to Government.
All Secretaries to Government.
The Secretary, Legislative Assembly, Secretariat, Chennai-600 009.
The Secretary to the Governor, Chennai-600 032.
The Comptroller, Governors Household, Raj Bhavan, Chennai-32.
The Governor’s Secretariat, Raj Bhavan, Guindy, Chennai- 600 032.
All Departments of Secretariat (OP / Bills), Chennai-600 009.
All Heads of Departments.
All Collectors / All District Judges / All Chief Judicial Magistrates.
The Accountant General (Accounts & Entitlements), Chennai- 600 018.
The Accountant General (Accounts & Entitlements), Chennai-600 018 (By name).
The Principal Accountant General (Audit-I), Chennai-600 018.
The Principal Accountant General (Audit-I), Chennai-600 018 (By name).
The Accountant General (Audit-II), Chennai-600 018.
The Accountant General (Audit-II), Chennai-600 018 (By name).
The Accountant General (CAB), Chennai-600 009 / Madurai.
The Registrar General, High Court, Chennai-600 104.
The Chairman, Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission, Chennai-600003.
The Registrar of all Universities in Tamil Nadu.
The Commissioner of Treasuries and Accounts, Chennai-35.
The Director of Pension, Chennai-600 035.
The Director of Local Fund Audit, Chennai- 600 035.
The Pension Pay Officer, Chennai- 600 035.
The Pay and Accounts Officer, Secretariat, Chennai-600 009.
The Pay and Accounts Officer (North / South / East), Chennai- 1/35/ 5.
The Pay and Accounts Officer, Madurai – 625 001.
All Treasury Officers / Sub-Treasury Officers.
The Commissioner, Greater Chennai Corporation, Chennai-600 003.
The Commissioner, Corporation of Madurai / Coimbatore /Tiruchirapalli/ Salem /
Tirunelveli / Tuticorin / Vellore / Tirupur / Erode / Dindigul / Thanjavur.
All State-Owned Corporations and Statutory Boards.
All Divisional Development Officers / Revenue Divisional Officers/ Tahsildars.
All Block Development Officers / Municipal Commissioners.
All Chief Educational Officers / Panchayat Union Commissioners.
The Project Co-ordinator, Tamil Nadu lntegrated Nutrition Project, No.570, Anna Salai, Chennai-600 018.
The Deputy Director General and State Informatics Officer, National Informatics
Centre, Rajaji Bhavan, Besant Nagar, Chennai-600 090.
The Technical Director, National Informatics Centre, Secretariat, Chennai-600 009.
All Recognised Service Associations.
Sub: Recommendations of the Official Committee, 2017 on revision of pay and allowances and other related benefits – Admitting of salary – Instructions – Regarding.
Ref: 1. G.O.Ms.No.303, Finance (Pay Cell) Department, dated: 11-10-2017.
2. G.O.Ms.No.304, Finance (Pay Cell) Department, dated: 13-10-2017.
3. G.O.Ms.No.305, Finance (Pay Cell) Department, dated: 13-10-2017.
4. G.O.Ms.No.306, Finance (Pay Cell) Department, dated: 13-10-2017.
I am to invite your attention to the references cited.
2. Based on the recommendations of the Official Committee, 2017, orders have been issued in the Government Orders first to fourth cited granting revision of pay, special pay and allowances to the State Government employees and teachers including employees of local bodies. The pay revision has been given notional effect from 1st January 2016 with monetary benefit from 1st October 2017.
3. As per Rule 6(2) of the Tamil Nadu Revised Pay Rules, 2017 every employee shall have to exercise option to come over to the revised pay structure within 3 months from the date of coming into force of the above rules on a date advantageous to the employees concerned as classified under sub-rule (1) of the above Rules. Considering the time limit available for exercising option by the employees to switch over to the revised pay structure, the pay bills have been presented by the Drawing and Disbursing Officers in the old pay itself to avoid difficulty in drawing salary by the employees.
4. Based on the option exercised by the individual employees,
(i) In the case of non-self drawing employees, the Heads of Offices concerned shall fix the pay of such employees in the revised pay structure and send the orders to the Drawing and Disbursing Officers concerned for drawing salary in the new pay immediately;
(ii) Likewise in the case of self-drawing officers, the Pay and Accounts Officer in case of the city offices including Pay and Accounts Officer, Madurai and in respect of other officers in Districts, the Accountant General shall fix the pay of the Officers in the revised pay structure and issue necessary pay slips so as to enable the Officers concerned to present the bills and draw the salary in the new pay structure immediately.
5. The Drawing and Disbursing Officers concerned on getting the orders from the Heads of Offices / pay fixing authorities concerned shall draw and disburse monthly salaries in the new pay structure from the month of November 2017 along with arrears for the month of October 2017. They shall present salary bills accordingly for the month of November 2017 after claiming arrears for October 2017 before 20-11-2017.
6. The National Informatics Centre (NIC) is requested to update the software application for salary bills in accordance with the orders issued in the Government Orders cited to enable drawing of salary in revised pay structure from November 2017, after claiming the arrears for the month of October 2017 before 20-11-2017.
7. The Commissioner of Treasuries and Accounts is also requested to co-ordinate with the National Informatics Centre (NIC) to finalise the revised software application for presenting salary bills in the revised pay structure immediately.
8. All Head of Departments are therefore requested to issue necessary instructions to all their subordinate officers to adhere to the above instructions scrupulously.
For Additional Chief Secretary to Government.