Reconciliation of pension debits and Analysis of exception reports
Government of India
Ministry of Railways
New Delhi, dated 18.09.2018
All Zonal Railways/PUs
Sub: Reconciliation of pension debits and Analysis of exception reports.
Ref: 1. Board’s letter of even no.dated 27.3.2018 (RBA No.30/2018)
2. Western Railway letter no. PEN/05372/E789/ARPAN -Recon dated 24.8.2018
Please recall Board’s instructions issued vide reference (1) above wherein it was advised to thoroughly review the mismatched records generated in the exception reports of reconciliation module under ARPAN. Now, suitable modification has been carried out in ARPAN to enable generation of quarterly outcome reports including exception list and the same are now available under ” ARPAN Reports “.
It is therefore requested that reconciliation of pension debits may be carried out scrupulously and corrective action be taken in consultation with PPO issuing Railway/PU. The following aspects may also be considered to reduce the number of items in the exception list.
1. Prompt revision of pre-2016 pension cases.
2. Sanitization of the unlinked scrolls.
3. Pushing of PPOs data issued under IPAS to ARPAN.
4. Sharing of data pertaining to PPOs revised in non-ARPAN software with Western Railway.