Revised passenger fare table
Indian railway passenger new ticket fare w.e.f 01-01-2020
(GOVERNMENT OF INDIA)
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
Commercial Circular no.65 of 2019
New Delhi, dated 31.12.2019
The Principal Chief Commercial Managers,
All Zonal Railways
Revision in passenger fare w.e.f. 01.01.2020
Ministry of Railways have decided to revise the basic passenger fare as per revised passenger Fare Table published by IRCA effective from 01.01.2020. The detailed provisions of the fare increase are as under:-
|S.No||Class||Increase in Fare per passenger kilo Meter (PKM)|
|i||Suburban (Single Journey Fare)||No change|
|ii||Season Tickets (suburban & Non-suburban)||No change|
|Ordinary Non-AC (Non-suburban)|
|iii||Second Class Ordinary||01 paise|
|iv||Sleeper Class Ordinary||01 paise|
|v||First Class Ordinary||01 paise|
|vi||Second Class (Mail/Exp)||02 paise|
|vii||Sleeper Class (Mail/Exp.)||02 paise|
|viii||First class (Mail/Exp.)||02 paise|
|ix||AC Chair Car||04 paise|
|x||AC 3-Tier/3E||04 paise|
|xi||AC 2 -Tier||04 paise|
|xii||AC First Class/EC/EA||04 paise|
2. Existing fares of train services like Rajdhani, Shatabdi, Duronto, Vande Bharat, Tejas, Humsafar, Mahamana, Gatimaan, Antyodaya, Garth Rath, Jan Shatabdi, Rajya Rani, Yuva Expresses, Suvidha and special trains on special charges, AC MEMU (non-suburban), AC DEMU (non-suburban) etc shall similarly be revised to the extent of the above proposed increase in class-wise fares as per notified fare Table.
3. Other Charges: There shall be no change in charges for reservation fee, superfast surcharge etc. Such charges, wherever applicable, shall continue to be levied additionally.
4. GST as applicable shall be levied, as per instructions issued from time to time.
5. Rounding off of fares shall be done as per existing principle.
6. The General Secretary, IRCA has been requested to print and supply the revised Passenger Fare Tables.
7. Each Railway shall ensure that the requisite number of copies of revised Passenger Fare Tables are collected from the General Secretary, I.R.C.A. and distributed to the concerned staff well in advance before 01.01.2020.
8. In the case of tickets already issued at pre-revised rates, difference of fare on or after 01.01.2020 shall not be collected. However, any new tickets made by TTE/ticket checking staff in trains/at stations on or after 01.01.2020 shall be charged on revised fare.
9. The Fare List displayed to the public at stations shall also be revised showing the new fares effective from 01.01.2020.
10. The changes which are required to be carried out in manual ticketing system and in PRS, UTS, etc., should be ensured.
11. Special arrangements should be made to ensure that necessary instructions and the revised Passenger Fare Tables informed to the staff well in advance. Steps should also be taken to ensure that the concerned staff fully understands these changes and implement them properly.
12. This issues with the concurrence of Finance Directorate of Ministry of Railways.
13. The receipt of this letter may be acknowledged. Also please check these instructions on the Indian Railways cwebsite www.indianrailways.gov.in.
14. Zonal Railways shall arrange to give wide publicity, to the revision in fares and fare tables w.e.f. 01.01.2020, through press, media and also through notifications and announcements at stations.
Director Passenger Marketing