Railway Order – Revision of percentage distribution of posts of Track Maintainers (RBE No.33/2014)
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
RBE No.33 /2014
New Delhi, dated 01-04-2014
The General Managers and CAOs
All Indian Railways / PUs etc.
(As per mailing list)
Sub: Revision of percentage distribution of posts of Track Maintainers.
Instructions on restructuring/reorganisation of staffing pattern of Trackmen on Indian Railways were issued vide Board’s letter no. 2010/CE-I(Spl)/GNS/15 (Pt.) dated 17-08-2012 (RBE No. 91/2012). As per these instructions, the categories of Trackmen/Gatemen/Trolleymen/Watchmen/Keymen and Mates (P.Way) of Civil Engineering Department were merged and a unified cadre of Track Maintainer was introduced as under:-
|SN||Designation||Pay Structure||Existing % age distribution of Posts|
|1||Track Maintainer-I||PB-1 GP Rs.2800||3|
|2||Track Maintainer-II||PB-1 GP Rs.2400||6|
|3||Track Maintainer-III||PB-1 GP Rs.1900||20|
|4||Track Maintainer-IV||PB-1 GP Rs.1800||71|
2. The issue of revision of existing percentage distribution of posts of Track Maintainers has been raised at various fora by both the recognised Federations (AIRF/NFIR). Accordingly, the matter has been examined and keeping in view the career progression and working conditions of Track Maintainers, it has been decided by Ministry of Railways (Railway Board) to revise the percentage distribution of posts of Track Maintainers as given below :-
|SN||Designation||Pay Structure||Revised % age distribution of Posts|
|1||Track Maintainer-I||PB-1 GP Rs.2800||6|
|2||Track Maintainer-II||PB-1 GP Rs.2400||12|
|3||Track Maintainer-III||PB-1 GP Rs.1900||22|
|4||Track Maintainer-IV||PB-1 GP Rs.1800||60|
2. The revision of percentage distribution of posts of Track Maintainers as indicated in para 2 above, would be self-financing and expenditure neutral proposition. After working out the financial implications, the matching savings should be effected from the category itself. Wherever it is not possible to do so from the category itself, the matching savings should be arranged from the Civil Engineering department at the Divisional/Zonal level. In rare circumstances where matching surrender are not possible, the option of using matching savings from vacancy bank as per laid down norms may be resorted to. However, there would be no revision of percentage distribution of posts of Track Maintainers without matching savings.
3. All selections should be made as per norms/ procedure for future promotion in the unified cadre of Track Maintainers laid down in Board's letter no.E(NG)I-2012/PMS/1 dated 13-08-2013. Instructions regarding minimum residency period for promotion issued by Board from time to time should be followed strictly.
4. Detailed duties/responsibilities attached to each post of Track Maintainer and corresponding changes in Permanent Way Manual/ Safety Manual, Training Manual etc. will be notified separately by Civil Engineering Directorate/concerned Directorate of this Ministry as mentioned in para 3 of Board's letter no.2010/CE-I(Spl.)/GNS/15 (Pt.) dated 17-08-2012.
5. These orders are effective from the date of issue.
6. This issues in consultation with the Civil Engineering & with concurrence of the Finance Directorate of this Ministry.
The receipt of this letter may please be acknowledged.
Hindi version will follow.