Railway Order – Retention of Railway quarters at the previous place of posting by Railway employees posted to Northeast Frontier Railway
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA (BHARAT SARKAR)
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS (RAIL MANTRALAYA)
RBE No. 04/2019
No. E(G) 2008 QR – 1 – 9
New Delhi, dated 09.01.2019
The General Manager/Director General
All Indian Railways/Production Units/RDSO-Lucknow
(As per Standard mailing list)
Sub : Retention of Railway quarters at the previous place of posting by Railway employees posted to Northeast Frontier Railway.
Ref: Board’s letter No. E(G) 2005 QR 1-3 dated 12.09.05, E(G) 2008 QR-1-9 dated 01.10.08, 11.08.09, 20.09.11, 30.12.14 and 18.11.15
Instructions governing retention of Railway accommodation in favour of Railway employees transferred and posted to Northeast Frontier Railway have been issued from time to time. The existing orders on the subject were valid up to 30.06.2018. The question of further extension of these orders beyond 30.06.2018 has been considered and it has now been decided with the approval of Competent Authority to extend these orders for a further period of three years i.e. up to 30.06.2021 or till revised orders on the subject are issued, whichever is earlier.
2. Since the retention of quarter at the previous place of posting in favour of officers/staff who have been transferred and posted to Northeast Frontier Railway is allowed for bona fide use of the dependent family of transferred Railway servant, he/she will furnish certificate on 1st July and 1st January of every year, stating that his/her dependent family members are actually residing in the Railway quarter at the last station of his/her posting. Such a certificate will also have to be furnished at the time of seeking retention.
3. In case no such certificate is received by 31st January and 31st July every year, the quarter controlling authority will be constrained to cancel the allotment of the quarter in question.
4. The request for retention of entitled type of accommodation should be received within a period of one month from the date of relinquishing the charge at the last station of posting, so that further necessary action will be initiated by the quarter controlling authority in time.
5. This issues with the concurrence of Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
6. Please acknowledge receipt.
Director Establishment (Gent.)