Railway Order – Reckoning of pay element for revision of pension of pre-2016 retired Loco Inspectors
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, dated : 06.03.2019
The General Managers,
All Indian Railways &PUs.
Sub : Reckoning of pay element for revision of pension of pre-2016 retired Loco Inspectors.
Please refer to Board’s letter number D-43/34/2017-F(E)III, dt. 24.01.2018 (RBE No.13/2018) regarding revision of pension of pre-2016 retired running staff. After issue of this letter dt. 24.01.2018 references have been received from the recognized Federations and some of the Zonal Railways for issuing of instructions for revision of pension of pre-2016 retired Loco Inspectors and Chief Loco Inspectors.
2. Loco Inspectors and Chief Loco Inspectors are eligible for reckoning of 30% pay element for calculation of emoluments for pensionary benefits w.e.f. 01.01.1993 in terms of paragraph No. 5.5 of Board’s letter No.E(P&A)II/83/RS-10(iv) dated 25.11.1992. When a Loco Inspector has rendered less than 10 months service as Loco Inspector as per revised scheme effective from 01.01.1993, reckoning of pay element is admissible on pro-rata basis e.g. if a Loco Inspector has rendered only 5 months service he will be entitled to only 15% pay element.
3. The reckoning of pay element for revision of pension of Loco Inspectors and Chief Loco Inspectors who have retired/died between/on 01.01.1993 and 31.12.2015 have been shown in the Annexure attached herewith.
4. Other conditions stipulated in DoP&PW’s OM dated 12.05.2017 & 06.07.2017 will apply in the case of Loco Inspectors also. It is also clarified that higher of the two formulations i.e. the pension/family pension already revised in accordance of Board’s letter No.2016/F(E)III/1(1)/7 dated 10.08.2016 or the revised pension/family pension as worked out in accordance with para 3 above, shall be granted to pre-2016 retired Loco Inspectors as revised pension/family pension w.e.f 01.01.2016.
5. Loco Inspectors and Chief Loco Inspectors who have retired/died before 01.01.1993 are not eligible for reckoning of 30% pay element for calculation of emoluments for pensionary benefits, therefore, their notional fixation of pay for revision of pension would be done in the same way as being done in the case of non-running staff in general.
6. For those Loco Inspectors who have retired after 01.01.2016, the reckoning of pay element for calculation of emoluments for pensionary benefits would be administered in terms of Board’s letter No.E(P&A)II-2015/RS-25 dated 13.11.2017 till further orders.
7. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways
DA : As above
Joint Directo, Estt.(P&A)
|Illustrations for the fixation of pension of chief Loco Inspectors/Loco Inspectors who retired/died between/on 01.01.1993 and 31.12.2015|
|ILLUSTRATION 1||ILLUSTRATION 2|
|Employee retired from Basic Pay of Rs.2300/- in scale of Rs.2000-60-2300-EB-75-3200 during 4th CPC period (Equivalent Scale 5th CPC Rs.6500-200-10500, 6th CPC PB-2 + GP Rs.4200/-. 7th CPC Level 6)||Employee retired from Basic Pay Rs.3200/- In scale of Rs.2375-75-3200-EB-100_100-3500 during 4th CPC Period (Equivalent Scale 5th CPC Rs.7450-225-11500, 6th CPC PB-2+GP Rs.4600, 7th CPC Level 7)|
|BASIC PAY DURING 4th CPC||2300||3200|
|30% Of Basic Pay
30% add on benefit admissible only in those cases where employee rendered 10 months service as Loco Inspector on or after 1.1.1993 as per revised scheme, In case of lower period of such service pro-rata benefit would be admissible.
(authority: Para 5.5 of Board’s letter No.E(P&AII/83/Rs-10(iv) dated 25.11.1992).
|Reference Basic Pay/Emoluments for calculation/revision of Pension to be taken as base.||2990||4160|
|Notional Pay Fixation in 5th CPC replacement pay Scale|
|(i) Reference Basic Pay/Emoluments during 4th CPC||2990||4160|
|(ii) DA appropriate to applicable Pay slab as per Board’s letter No.PCIV/86/Da/I dated No.PCIV/86/DA/1 dated 26.03.1996 RBE No.30/96 (@ 148%111%/96%)||4425||5180|
|(iii) IR 1 @ Rs.100(RBE No.146/93)||100||100|
|(iv) IR 2 @ 10% (RBE No.PC-V/95/IR dated 19.07.1995)||299||416|
|(v) FITMENT BENEFIT 40% of Basic Pay||1196||1664|
|SUM of (i) to (v)||9010||11520|
|Equivalent or Next stage in equivalent pay scale||9100||11500 (Max)|
|National Pay Fixation in 6th CPC replacement Pay Scale|
|(i) Referrence Basic Pay/Emoluments during 5th CPC||9100||11500|
|(ii) Da appropriate to applicable pay slab @86%||7826||9890|
|(iii) FITMENT BENEFIT (GP)||4200||4600|
|SUM of (i) to (iii)||21126||25990|
|Total Basic Pay (Pay in Pay Band + GP) in equivalent Pay Scale PB-2 + GP Rs.4100/4600||21130||25990|
|Nation Pay Fixation in 7th CPC replacement Pay Scale|
|(i) Equated stationery BP/emoluments during 6th CPC||21130||25990|
|(ii) DA appropriate to applicable pay Slab 125%||26412.5||32487.5|
|(iii) FITMENT BENEFIT 32%||6761.6||8316.8|
|(iv) SUM of (i) to (iii)||54304.1||66794.3|
|Total Basic Pay (Pay in Pay Matrix) in appropriate cell in equivalent Level||55200||68000|
|Pension during 7th CPC||27600||34000|
|Family Pension during 7th CPC||16560||20400|