Railway Order – Re-engagement of retired staff on daily remuneration basis for the post of loco-pilots (both diesel and electrical drivers) and guards (RBE No.164/2010)
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, dated:16.11.2010
The General Manager (P),
All Indian Railways
(As per standard mailing list)
Sub: Re-engagement of retired staff on daily remuneration basis for the post of loco-pilots (both diesel and electrical drivers) and guards.
Due to acute shortage of loco-pilots (both diesel and electrical drivers) and guards owing to delay in filling up of such vacancies through authorized modes of recruitment hampering the Railway’s services, Ministry of Railways (Railway Board) have decided to permit re-engagement of retired loco-pilots (both diesel and electrical drivers) and guards in Group ‘C’, on following conditions:
1. Railway should issue necessary notification for such re-engagement by giving wide publicity through open advertisement so that all may get equal opportunity.
2. Re-engaged employees should not have been covered under the Safety Related Retirement Scheme.
3. While engaging such staff, medical fitness of the appropriate category should be obtained.
4. Suitability/competency of the staff should also be adjudged before engagPig and the issue of their safety record should be addressed while selecting them.
5. Such re-engaged Diesel/Electric Loco Pilot and Guards should be utilized on non-running duties only such as Lobby Supervisors/PCRs etc.
6. Maximum age limit for such re-engagement shall be 62 years and this limit shall not be exceeded in case of any retired railway employees during the period of re-engagement;
7. While engaging such staff and assigning duties to them, it must be ensured that safety and other operational requirements are adequately addressed.
8. Remuneration to such staff be made as stipulated vide this Ministry’s letter No.E(NG)II/2007/RC-4/CORE/1 dated 11.12.2009 (in each and every case of engagement of retired employee, the daily allowances plus full pension should not exceed the last pay drawn).
This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of Ministry of Railways (Railway Board).