Medical Identity Cards — Uniformity and renewal
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, dated: 08.06.2018
The General Manager, All Indian Railways/PUs, NF(Con), CORE
The DG/RDSO/Lucknow, DG/NAIR/Vadodara
CAOs, DMW/Patiala, WPO/Patna, COFMOW/NDLS, RWP/Bela, CAO/IROAF
Sub: Medical Identity Cards — Uniformity and renewal
For bringing uniformity in the Medical Identity Cards issued to employees and other beneficiaries on Indian Railways, Board (MS, FC & CRB) have approved the following.
1. The Medical Identity Card should be a plastic based card, the size of which should be same as that of the debit/credit cards issued by banks.
2. A strip at the top of the card should have different color for serving and retired employees and their dependents as per extant instructions on color of Medical Identity Cards.
3. A separate Medical Identity Card, with unique all India number, should be issued to the employee as well as each dependent. The card of the dependent may also bear the Medical Card number of the primary serving/retired employee. The numbering scheme is to be decided by Establishment Directorate.
4. The level of entitlement of employee, which indicates the level of facilities to be provided to the beneficiaries, should be indicated on the card. The pattern being used by CGHS may be adopted with suitable modifications, if required. Health directorate may decide the same.
5. The Medical Identity Card for beneficiaries upto the age of 15 years should be made valid for 5 years, after which these should be renewed. For beneficiaries above the age of 15 years, the Medical Identity Card should be renewed on attaining the age of 40 years and at the time of retirement. The Medical Identity Card should also be reissued on change of level of entitlement.
6. Only bare minimum information of the beneficiary may be visible on the card. The following data may be printed on the card:
a. The name of the Railway
b. Medical Card Number
c. Name & Medical Card Number of the Primary holder in case of card of dependent
d. Name of the card holder
e. Year of Birth
f. Date of validity of the card
g. Level of entitlement of medical facilities
h. Health Unit
i. Blood Group
k.Signature/LTI of the beneficiary
l.Signature/Designation of issuing authority
m. Electronic Card reading may be incorporated where such systems are implemented.
This issues with the concurrence of Associate Finance of Transformation Cell of Railway Board.