Railway Order – Classification of trains as High Speed Trains for the purpose of Trip Allowance (RBE No.117/91)
Government Of India/Bharat Sarkar
Ministry Of Railways/Rail Mantralaya
New Delhi, dated 24-06-1991
The General Managers
All Indian Railways
(except N.E. and N.F.Railways)
Sub: Classification of trains as High Speed Trains for the purpose of Trip Allowance.
A fresh review of all existing super Fast trains has been undertaken by the Board, with reference to the criteria stipulated for classifying a train as a high speed train for the purpose of Trip Allowance. In supersession of all the past orders, the following trains are determined as high speed trains for regulating Trip Allowance to their crew, at specified rates. Co-drivers may also be provided on these trains, in keeping with the extant instructions.
1. 2001/2002 – Shatabdi Express
2. 2003/2004 – Shatabdi Express
3. 2301/2302 – Rajdhani Express
4. 2951/2952 – Rajdhani Express
5. 2621/2622 – Tamil Nadu Express
1. 2605/2606 – Pallavan Express
2. 2635/2636 – Vaigai Express
3. 2901/2902 – Pink city Express ( up to Jaipur)
2. This has the sanction of the president and issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railway.
3. these orders will have effect from the date of issue.
4. Please acknowledge receipt.
Joint director/Establishment (P&A)