Railway Board – Facilities to be provided to IRMS doctors beyond 62 years of age
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi Dated: 08.02.2019
The General Managers,
All Indian Railways/Production Units
Sub: Facilities to be provided to IRMS doctors beyond 62 years of age
Ref: Board’s letters of even No.dated 20.09.18, 01.11.18 and 07.12.18.
Instructions have been issued vide Board’s letters referred to above regarding options to be submitted by IRMS/dental doctors under the Ministry of Railways to serve on clinical posts after attaining the age of 62 years in case they wish to continue in their service upto age of 65 years.
2. In the context of these instructions, several queries have been received seeking clarification as to whether the doctors working on administrative posts who were being provided with facilities of TADK, official vehicle and official accommodation would continue to enjoy these facilities even after 62 years of age after posting to a clinical posts.
3. The matter has been considered by the Board and it has been decided that the grade, allowances and perks like entitlement of pass and house for such doctors, will be maintained at their present level of posts. The facility of TADK, official vehicle & allotment of fresh house will be decided by GM of the Railway concerned taking into consideration the functionality of the clinical posts. So far as the retention of official accommodation is concerned, as long as it is not an earmarked accommodation and the doctors opting to serve on clinical posts on attaining 62 years of age do not apply for change of quarters, he/she may be allowed to continue in the same accommodation. In case, however, such doctors apply for a change of quarter, normal rules of allotment would apply.
4. This issue with the concurrence of Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
5. This disposes of Western Railway’s letter No.E(G)57/7/12/10 dt. 19.12.18 and RWP Bela’s letter No.E/RWP/Facility to Doctor dt. 18.12.18.
6. Kindly acknowledge receipt.
Jt. Director Estt. (P&A)-I