Ayurvedic /Homeopathic dispensaries under Staff Benefit Fund
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, dated 07-07-2017
The General Managers(P),
All Indian Railways and
Sub: Ayurvedic / Homeopathic dispensaries under Staff Benefit Fund (SBF)
Ref: This Ministry’s letter No.E(W)2013/ISM/1 dated 23.07.2014 and 18.05.2015
The issue regarding enhancement in the amount of honorarium admissible to the ayurvedic/Homeopathic consultants (engaged by SBF Committees on contract basis) and also the subsidy on medicines in respect of Ayurvedic/Homeopathic dispensaries being run under the SBF was under consideration of this office.
2. The matter has been examined in the detail and it has now been decided that revised monthly honorarium for Ayurvedic/Homeopathic Consultants and monthy subsidy on medicine on the ayurvedic/Homeopathic dispensaries being run by the staff benefit fund committee will be as follows:-
Revised monthly honrarium
8 hrs. duratio 4 hrs duration
(a) Ayurvedic/Homeopathic Consultants: Rs.35,500/- Rs.22,500/-
(b) Monthly subsidy on Medicines: Rs.12,000/-
3. Revised honorarium for Ayurvedic/Homeopathic Dispensers will be issued separately.
4. Annual allotment for “Indigenous Systems of Medicine” under SBF (under which Homeopathic and Ayurvedic dispensaries function) at Rs.36 per capita being inadequate to meet the increase in requirement of funds on account of the above revision in the honorarium, the additional expenditure necessitated due to revision under these orders would also be met through re-appropriation from the head “Medical Services” as additional ad hoc contribution to the SBF, and the Medical Budget would be suitably augmented from revenues. CPOs would advise CMD’s about the additional funds required on this account so that the same could be reflected in the budgetary estimates.
5. These aforesaid revision will take effect from the date of issue of these orders.
6. This issues in consultation with the Health directorate and with the concurrence of finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railway.