Grant of Special Allowance @ Rs. 1000/-p.m. to staff of Cash & Pay Department (Senior Cashier/Head Shroff) on their posting as Accounts Stock Verifiers in GP Rs. 4200/- on passing Appendix IV -A (IREM) Examination
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
(RAILWAY BOARD )
New Delhi, dated 1612.2014.
The General Managers,
All Indian Railways and Production Units.
Sub: Grant of Special Allowance @ Rs. 1000/-p.m. to staff of Cash & Pay Department (Senior Cashier/Head Shroff) on their posting as Accounts Stock Verifiers in GP Rs. 4200/- on passing Appendix IV -A (IREM) Examination.
Attention is invited to Railway Board’s letter No. 2000/AC-II/20/23 (Vol-I) dated 16.09.2009 vide which surplus staff of Cash and Pay department working in GP Rs. 2400/- and upto Rs. 4200/- i.e. Jr. Cashiers/Sr. Shroffs (PB-1 Rs. 5200-20200/GP Rs. 2400/-) and Sr. Cashiers/Hd. Shroffs (PB-2 Rs. 9300-34800/GP Rs. 4200/-) were allowed to be considered for the post of Account Stock Verifiers subject to Non-availability of Account Assistants and Jr. Account Assistants.
2. One of the Zonal railways has made a reference for extending the benefit of Special Allowance @ Rs.1000/-p.m. to Accounts Stock Verifiers, coming from Cash & Pay Department (Senior Cashier/Head Shroff) on the same analogy as has been allowed to Accounts Assistants after their becoming Accounts Stock Verifiers. The matter has been examined and it has now been decided to extend the benefit of Special Allowance @ Rs. 1000/-p.m. to those Accounts Stock Verifiers (PB-2 Rs.9300-34800 with GP 4200/-), who are coming from the category of Senior Cashiers/Head Shroffs (PB-2 Rs.9300-34800 with GP 4200/-) of Cash A Pay Department on passing Appendix IV -A (IREM) Examination.
3. This Special Allowance will not be counted for fixation of pay on promotion as this allowance is for arduous job of Stock Verification.
4. This Special Allowance will also not be counted for DA, HRA and other Pensionary purposes.
5. These orders will be effective from the date of issue of this Order.
6. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
7. Kindly acknowledge receipt.
Director Estt. (P&A),