Central KYC Records Registry
PENSION FUND REGULATORY AND DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
22nd April 2021
All Points of Presence (‘PoPs’)
Subject: Central KYC Records Registry (CKYCR)
1. Government of India has authorized the Central Registry of Securitization and Asset Reconstruction and Security interest of India (CERSAI), set up under sub- section (1) of Section 20 of Securitisation and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest Act, 2002, to act as, and to perform the functions of the Central KYC Records Registry under the PML Rules 2005, including receiving, storing, safeguarding and retrieving the KYC records in digital form of a ‘client’, as defined in clause (ha) sub-section (1) of Section 2 of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002.
2. As per the PML (Maintenance of Records) Rules, 2005, as amended from time to time, every reporting entity shall capture the KYC information for sharing with the Central KYC Records Registry in the manner mentioned in the Rules, as per the KYC template for ‘individuals’ finalised by CERSAI. In this regard, it is clarified as under:
i. PoPs registered under regulation 3(1)(i) and PoPs registered under regulation 3(1)(ii) of Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (Point of Presence) Regulations, 2018 shall register themselves with CERSAI.
ii. PoPs already registered with CERSAI under another financial sector regulator are not required to register themselves with CERSAI again, and may use such registration with CERSAI as reporting entities under PFRDA as well.
3. The KYC template finalised by CERSAI shall be used by the registered intermediaries. The KYC template for ‘individuals’ and the ‘Central KYC Registry Operating Guidelines 2016’ for uploading KYC records on CKYCR finalised by CERSAI are available at www.ckycindia.in.
4. For addressing any difficulty in uploading KYC records to CKYCR, CERSAI has operationalised a help desk. Contact details of the CKYCR Helpdesk:
Phone: 022 61102592 / 022 26592595
5. The letter no. PFRDA/08/PoP/122 dated 14th July 2016 (Annexure I) on Providing KYC information to Central KYC (CKYC) Registry by PoP and letter no. PFRDA/8/PoP/122 dated 29th September 2016 (Annexure II) on Operationalization of Central KYC Registry and providing
KYC information by Aggregator stand superseded.
6. The PoPs shall submit the MIS related to the CKYC data upload/ download etc. to PFRDA as stipulated from time to time.
7. This circular is issued in exercise of the powers conferred under Section 14 of Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority Act, 2013 to protect the interests of subscribers and to regulate, promote and ensure orderly growth of the National Pension System and pension schemes to which the Act applies.
(Sumeet Kaur Kapoor)
Chief General Manager