Restoration of pension in respect of Defence Service Personnel who had drawn lump sum payment on absorption in Public Sector Undertakings/ Autonomous Bodies-delinking of qualifying service of 33 years for revised pension with effect from 01.01.2006
OFFICE OF THE PR. CONTROLLER OF DEFENCE ACCOUNTS (PENSIONS)
DRAUPADI GHAT, ALLAHABAD- 211014
Circular No. 602
1. The Chief Accountant, RBI, Deptt. Of Govt, Bank Accounts, Central Office C-7, Second Floor, Bandre- Kuria Complex, P B No. 8143, Bandre East Mumbai-400051
2. All CMDs, Public Sector Banks.
3. The Nodal Officers, ICICl/HDFC/AXIS/IDBI Banks
4. All Managers, CPPCs
5. Military and Air Attache, Indian Embassy, Kathmandu, Nepal
6. The PCDA (WC), Chandigarh
7. The CDA (PD), Meerut
8. The CDA, Chennai
9. The Director of Treasury, All States
10. The Pay and Accounts Officer, Delhi Administration, R K Puram and Tis Hazari, New Delhi.
11. The Pay and Accounts Office, Govt of Maharashtra, Mumbai
12. The Post Master Kathua (J&K), Camp Bell Bay.
13. The Principal Pay and Accounts Officer Andaman and Nicobar Administration Port Blair.
Subject :- Restoration of pension in respect of Defence Service Personnel who had drawn lump sum payment on absorption in Public Sector Undertakings/ Autonomous Bodies-delinking of qualifying service of 33 years for revised pension with effect from 01.01.2006.
A Copy of Govt. of India, Ministry of Defence, Deptt of ESW letter No. 1(04)/2007/D(Pen/Pol) dated 20.06.2018 on the above subject, which is self explanatory, is forwarded herewith for your information, guidance and necessary action.
2. In terms of GoI, MoD letter No. 1(2)/2016-D(Pen/Pol) dated 30.09.2016, revised consolidated pension and family pension of pre-2006 Armed Forces pensioners w.e.f. 1.1.2006 shall not be lower than 50 % and 30% respectively of the minimum of the pay in the pay band plus grade pay corresponding to the pre-revised scale from which the pensioner had retired/ discharged/ invalided out/ died including Military Service Pay and “X” Group pay, if any, without pro rata reduction of pension even if they had rendered qualifying service of less than 33 years at the time of retirement.
3. Now it has been decided by the Government that while determining the revised pension of above said category of absorbee pensioners/family pensioners with effect from 1.1.2006, the pension/ family pension shall also be revised in accordance with the provisions contained in the GoI, MoD letter No. 1(2)/2016-D(Pen/Pol) dated 30.09.2016 referred above.
4. The pension in terms of this order will be revised by the respective Pension Sanctioning Authorities Suo-moto by issuing Corrigendum PPOs in all affected cases. No application in this regard shall be called for either from the pensioners or from the PDAs concerned. Further, PDAs would also brought into notice of PSAs, such left out cases, if any, for revision of pension.
5. All other terms and conditions shall remain unchanged.
6. This circular has been uploaded on PCDA (P) website www.pcdapension.nic.in.
(Sushil Kumar Singh)