Revision of Service Element of Liberalized disability pension/war Injury Pension in r/o Pre-2006 Commissioned Officers/JCOs/OR Pensioners
Office of the Principal CDA (Pensions)
Draupadi Ghat, Allahabad – 211 014
1. The chief accountant, RBI, Deptt. Of Govt. Bank Accounts, Central Office C-7 second Floor, Bandre-Kural complex, P B No,8143, Bandre East Mumbai – 400 051
2. All CMDs, Public sector Banks including IDBI Bank
3. Nodal Officers, ICICI/HDFC/AXIS/IDBI Banks
4. Managers, All CPPCs
5. Military and air attache, Indian Embassy, Kathmandu, Nepal
6. The PCDA (WC), chandigarh
7. The CDA (PD), Meerut
8. The CDA, chennai
9. The Director of Treasuries, All States….
10. The Pay and Accounts Officer, Delhi Administration RK puram and Tis Hazari, New Delhi
11. The Pay and Account Officer, Govt of Maharashtra, Mumbai
12. The Post Master Kathua (J&K)
13. The pr.Pay and Accounts Officer, Andaman and Nicobar Administration, Port Blair
Subject: Revision of Service Element of Liberalized disability pension/war Injury Pension in r/o Pre-2006 Commissioned Officers/JCOs/OR Pensioners.
(Available on this Office website www.pcdapension.nic.in)
In this office circular No.547 dated 11.09.2015, Pension tables have been provided for carrying out the revision of service Element of War Injury Pension by the Pension disbursing Agencies – for qualifying service of 15 years or more. For less than 15 years qualifying service,Annexure was provided in this Office Circular No.551 dated 28.12.2015 and Circular No.554 dated 14.01.2016, which was to be submitted to respective pension Sanction Authorities.
2. While issuing the PPOs of Service Element of War injury Pension on receipt of the Annexure to the Circular No.554, it has been noticed that there is a cap restriction in war injury pension till 30.06.2009. It is also stated that the rates of war injury element vide GOI, MOD letter No.16(01)2014/D(Pen/Pol) dated 18th May, 2016 has been revised w.e.f. 01.01.2006 Accordingly, the war injury cases irrespective of qualifying service of the personnel needs to be revised in totality (i.e Service Element, War Injury Element) and PPO will be reflecting cap restriction till 30.06.2009.
3. Therefore, keeping in view the above, the Annexure attached to the circular No.554 dated 14.01.2016 is required to be modified and in this respect annexure attached to Circular No.560 dated 08.06.2016 will serve the purpose. All Pension Disbursing agencies are requested to submit the same to respective pension sanctioning authorities through concerned record offices.
4. All Record offices are requested to forward to the Annexure attached to Circular No.560 dated 08.06.2016 alongwith sheet-Roll so that PPO may be issued taking into consideration the Cap restriction. In those cases where cap restriction will not be implemented, necessary instruction will be issued by the G-3 Section and G-1/Military Section of this office in cases of JCOs/ORs and commissioned officers respectively.
5. All other terms and conditions shall remain unchanged.
Asst. controller (P)