NFIR’s 55-Point Charter of Demands
1. Withdraw FDI, PPP in Railways – Stop Out Sourcing, Contractorisation and Privatization.
2. Scrap New Pension Scheme in Railways and restore liberalised pension scheme.
3. DA merger with pay with retrospective effect and payment of Interim Relief to Central Government employees (serving and retired).
4. Calculation and payment of Productivity Linked Bonus (PLB) on actual wages.
5. Transport Allowance be exempted from the purview of Income Tax.
6. Increase contribution to Group Insurance Scheme (GIS) by atleast 10-times for all Government employees.
7. Merge Technician–II with Technician – I with Grade Pay Rs.2800/- (PB-I) in Railways.
8. Revise entry grade pay of Station Masters as Rs.4200/- in PB-2.
9. Replacement of Grade Pay Rs.4600/- with Rs.4800/- (PB-2) w.e.f.01/01/2006.
10. Revise upwardly the kilometrage rates of Running Staff w.e.f. 01/01/2006 – Settle Running Staff issues as per agreement dated 7th February, 2014.
11. Implement agreement for Up-gradation of Apex Group ‘C’ posts to Group ‘B’ Gazetted in Railways.
12. Allotment of higher Grade Pay to the Loco Pilots and Guards.
13. Count Temporary status Casual Labour Service in full as qualifying service for retirement and other purposes.
14. Allot entry Grade Pay of Rs.5400/- to the Group ‘B’ Gazetted staff.
15. LARSGESS be extended to GP Rs. 2400/- and above.
16. Track patrolling – Support man provision be complied with.
17. Rectify MACPS anomalies.
18. Rectify Sixth CPC anomalies.
19. Enhance Fixed Medical Allowance of Rs.500/- p.m. to not less than Rs.2000/- p.m., for all retired employees.
20. Extend special privileges and facilities for Women employees for their empowerment.
21. Ensure full implementation of the report of Joint Committee for career growth of Track Maintainers.
22. Abolish 12/- Hours duty in Railways – Introduce 8 hours duty roster for Running and Safety categories staff. Classify Running Staff working high speed trains as “Intensive” – NFIR’s proposals on the recommendations of High Power Committee (R&S) be considered for reaching negotiated settlement.2
23. Remove hardships being faced by Train Controllers.
24. Reduce Duty Hours of Nursing Staff, thus honour Government’s decision.
25. Create ticket checking staff posts for manning trains.
26. Casual Labour acquired temporary status prior to 01/01/2004 should be covered under Liberalised Pension Scheme.
27. Implement norms approved by Railway Board and sanction new posts of SSE/JE (Signal), ESM, Helper (Signal) etc.
28. Amend Rules for providing employment to Wards of Employees.
29. Provide quality Health care to employees, their families besides retired employees.
30. Fill vacancies of Doctors, Para Medical Staff and provide Super specialists in all Railway Hospitals – enhance superannuation age of Railway Doctors.
31. Cover all Railway employees under Incentive Scheme in Workshops, PUs etc., wherever not covered.
32. Grant parity in Pay Structure for Stenographers in Railways at par with CSS/RBSS.
33. Training Allowance should be revised to 30% of pay in all Training Centres/Schools.
34. Implement agreement on stepping up of pay of Loco Inspectors.
35. Review SPAD definition – Prevent harassment and victimisation of Running and safety categories staff.
36. Make upward revision of Income Tax exemption limit in the case of running staff.
37. Running Rooms should be improved, air-conditioned and upgraded on priority.
38. Grant Project incentive allowance to the staff working in projects on IndianRailways.
39. Negotiating foras of PNM, DC/JCM & NC/JCM should be made effective for resolving issues speedily – Implement agreements reached in PNM, DC/JCM & special meetings etc.,immediately.
40. Ensure creation of posts in safety/operational/public image categories for manning new services and maintaining new assets without linking to matching surrender.
41. Grant Daily Allowance to Staff Car Drivers.
42. Absorb quasi administrative units/offices staff against posts in GP Rs.1800/- PB-1.
43. Induct Course Completed Act Apprentice against vacancies.
44. Ensure quality Uniform to all employees and supply of quality protective gears – concede NFIR’s proposals.
45. Grant Patient Care Allowance to all para-medical staff. 3
46. Provision of single woman Hostel facility at all Divisional Headquarters and important stations.
47. Setting up of a multi-disciplinary training institute for imparting training in rail related electronic technologies for the wards of Railway Employees.
48. Extension of medical facilities to the dependent parents of railway employees.
49. Liberalize compassionate appointment provisions.
50. Remove restrictions on payment of Children Education Allowance/Hostel subsidy.
51. Allot adequate funds for maintenance of Railway Quarters as well as construction of new quarters.
52. Introduce warning/ Hooter system to prevent deaths of Track Maintainers etc., while on duty.
53. Grant Study leave with attendant incentives liberally to the employees for pursuing higher studies.
54. Enhance Night Patrolling Allowance for Track Maintainers.
55. Allot Pay Band-4 to Junior Administrative Grade Officers in Railways.