Provision of GP 4200/- in PB-2/Level 6 of 7th CPC to the Dressers/OT Assistants working in Railway Hospitals/Health Units
No.IV/NFIR/7th CPC (Imp)/2016/R.B./Part
The Secretary (E)
Sub: Provision of GP 4200/- in PB-2/Level 6 of 7th CPC to the Dressers/OT Assistants working in Railway Hospitals/Health Units
Ref: (i) NFIR’s PNM Item No. 11/2017.
(ii) NFIR’s letter No.IV/NFIR/7th CPC (Imp)/2016/R.B./Part I dated 07/08/2017.
In the special meeting held between the Railway Board (EDPC-II) and the Federation on 23/11/2017 (on agenda item No. 11/2017), the Official Side conveyed that the matter is being pursued with the Ministry of Finance with regard to entry Grade Pay Rs. 2000/- for OT Assistants/Dressers. Federation while responding, stated that the OT Assistants deserve to be allotted Apex Level in GP 4200/Level 6 of 7th CPC considering the duties and responsibilities shouldered by them.
In this connection, Federation furnishes the duties performed by the OT Assistants in the Railway Hospitals, while handling high value machines/equipments and other instruments used in Operation Theatres in the Annexure ‘A’ enclosed. Apart from this, Federation also encloses the list of additional duties and responsibilities of OT Assistants being performed vide Annexure ‘B’ to this letter. Considering the multifarious duties performed by the OT Assistants in the Railway Hospitals (as mentioned vide Annexures ‘A’ & ‘B’), there is sufficient justification for provision of GP 4200/Level 6 at Apex Level to the OT Assistants/Dressers working in the Railway Hospitals.
NFIR, therefore, requests the Railway Board to consider the demand raised vide Agenda Item No. 11/2017 (PNM) and accord approval for introduction of GP 4200/Level 6 in the category of OT Assistants. Action taken on Federation’s demand may kindly be communicated early.
(Dr. M. Raghavaiah)
Duties performed by the OT Assistants in the Railway Hospitals while handling high value machines/equipments and other instruments used in Operation Theatres:
- Laparoscopic video cholecystectomy – used for Laparoscopic surgery of Gall Bladder,
- Capnography Monitor – monitoring system for checking percentage of O2 & CO2 Gas,
- Combined Foetal Material Monitor – Monitor for checking vital of baby in uterus with carefully for secure life of mother & her baby,
- Digital Video Coloposcope – OTA Prepare solution of acid to see the cervix problems and uterus,
- Automatic Electric Tourniquet – It is uses in Ortho surgery OTA apply on arm legs to stop bleeding in duration of surgery also responsible for maintain pressure of blood,
- Defibrilator with Recorder – OTA assist to Doctor for CPR and Anaflatic Shock with carefully in case of fully unconscious,
- Electro Cotry – To used for bleeding cutting tissue by surgeons OTA operate cautrie and maintain low and high frequency to avoid of burning of patient on OT Table,
- Syringe Perfusor Pump – Its used for to give anesthesia drugs automatic to maintain per minute/m1 quantity highly risk with life,
- Stimuplex ( Nurves Stimuplator) – It is used to see the nerves veins for apply cannula for giving drugs and glucose,
- Vital Sign Monitor – To see the vital sign of patient properly and told to anesthetic correctly,
- Cardiac Monitor-cum-Defibrilator – used by Doctors OTA assist to Doctors with carefully otherwise patient gone accept to survives,
- Non Invasive Ventilator System – OTA used and operate it for unconscious patient in OT & ICU for save life of patient.
- Vital Sign Monitor Compatable with Central Monitor – OTA operate it & to showing vital sign & ECG of patient on OT Table.
- C-Arm Table – X-Ray type machine to see the operating bone for showing to the Ortho surgeon during the surgery. If Ortho surgeon is unable to see the proper alignmen of bone by this machine operation not successes.
- Allied Jupitor Anaesthesia Machine – OTA Checks the machine before operation like power supply, leakage of gas and cylinders.
- Automatic External Defibrilator.
- Hot & Cold Water Sterilizer – OTA maintains the temperature of hot and cold water for patient surgery.
- Anaesthesia Work Station for Modular OT – OTA Checks the machine before operation like power supply, leakage of gas and cylinders.
- Infusin Management System – OTA operated it and maintaining temperature of fluid given to the patient during the operation to avoid hypothermia.
- Harmoic Scalpel – OTA responsible for proper sterilization of this device to escape from infection terminated to the patient he connect the all leads and connection properly.
- Video Arthoscopic System Complete – Responsibilities of OTA for this equipment are same as first item above.
- OT Table – all operation of this table done by OTA.
- Rectangular Automatic Autolave – 100% operated by OTA to provide sterilized material for surgery Sterlization is the Backbone of Surgery.
- OT Light Ceiling – This is handled by OTA to focusing the light on operation area including maintain power supply & fuse of OT Light Bulbs.
- Electric Cotry-II – OTA operate it.
- Feetal Monitor –
- Advance Anaestesia Monitor –
- Table Top Sterilizer/Sort Time Sterilizer – This is short time fast sterilization operated by OTA.
- Anaestesia Work Station-III – All operations done by OTA.
- Advance Bipolar Sealing Device – OTA handle with carefully and provide to Surgeon with proper sterilized.
- Cylinderical Autoclave – Steam pressure autoclave for sterilization operated by PTA.
- High Speed Autoclave – Fast Sterilization done by OTA to avoid infection to the patients.
- Modular OT – An automatic touch screen panel in built in Modular OT. OTA maintain temperature of OT according to the guide line of surgeon. Low temperature patient gone to hypothermia high temp occurred suffocation to all operation team members.
- Fumigator – OTA prepare the solution for chemical sterilization. To use for this machine this machine sterilize whole OT for avoid infection to the patients.
- Has Plant – OTA (male & female both) also maintain managed heavy cylinders of O2, N2O AIR. Also maintain pressure of all gases.
- Angio Graphy Machine – OTA do all operation of this machine & also maintain proper sterilization to avoid infection to the patient.
- Dialysis Machine – OTAs are associated in the process.
- Electirc Pop Cutter – OTA used it for POP cutting high speed rotation blades of this machine like electric handsaw if attention disturb bone & mass cut it.
- Sealer Machine for Packing of OT Materials – OTA operate electric heating maching used for sealed the surgical material for proper sterilization.
- Scrubbing Room Water Gyser with Auto Sensor – OTA maintain temperature of water for hand wash of surgeon, sisters & OTA.
- AC of OT – OTA do ON OFF of AC of OT & maintain temperature of machine.
- Fidge – OTA keeps all anesthesia & life saving drugs on proper temperature to use for patient.
Additional duties and responsibilities of OT Assistants in Railway Hospitals:
1. To ensure that the medical equipment in the accident relief train are always available and the equipments are in working order.
2. OT Assistants are always available in the Casualties/Emergencies – round the clock.
3. The Urinal catheterization is conducted at all places in the ICU, ICCU, OT, Wards and in Casualty by the OT Assistants only.
4. Application of Ryles Tubing Nesal Pipe to patients at relevant places in the Hospital.
5. Stitching of cuts/wounds to the injuries in Casualty/Emergency.
6. To give injections to the patients in emergency on the instruction of Doctors and Nursing Staff.
7. Indenting of Anaesthesia Drugs and other materials/equipments for operation theatres.
8. Checking/Measurement of Blood Sugar of patients and provision of Intravenous Fluid to the patients undergone surgery in Operation Theatre.
9. OT Assistants provide assistance to the Anaesthetist Doctors during PAC of patients undergoing surgery.
10. OT Assistants are expected to be present during medical examination for newly recruited Railway Staff for taking physical measurement like height, weight, pulse, BP etc.,
11. OT Assistants is expected to maintain suction train used on patients during surgery in the Operation Theatre.
12. In CSSD Room, OT Assistants maintains all sterilized and unsterilized material.
13. Post Operative Dressings on all type of surgery is done by OT Assistants.
14. The OT Assistants attend to the patients who sustained injuries in bones/ribs and apply dynaplast for strapping ribs.
15. OT Assistants also attend to the Clavical Bone Fracture and are expected to apply Bandages on the patients.
16. OT Assistants apply all types of plasters on the patients suffering from fracture/bone injuries.
17. The last but not the list, the OT Assistants cut all types of PoP in Operation Theatre with the help of Electric Cutter.