Manipur G.O – Grant of dearness relief to the pensioners/family pensioners
GOVERNMENT OF MANIPUR
SECRETARIAT : FINANCE DEPARTMENT
(PAY IMPLEMENTATION CELL)
Imphal, the 18th January, 2020.
Subject:- Decision of the Government relating to grant of Dearness Relief to the pensioners/family pensioners
No.2/6/2010-FD(PIC)(Pt) : The undersigned is directed to say that consequent upon the introduction of the Manipur Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2019 vide Notification No.1/10/2018-FD(PIC) dated 11/07/2019, the Governor of Manipur is pleased to order that the Dearness Relief admissible to the pensioners/family pensioners of the State Government of Manipur shall be as follows:
|Date from which payable||Rate of Dearness Relief per month|
|From 01.01.2016 to 30.09.2019||No Dearness Relief|
|From 01.10.2019||3% of basic pension|
2. The Dearness Relief at the rate indicated above will also be admissible on the additional basic pension/additional family pension available to older pensioner/family pensioners based on their age as indicated in this Department’s O.M.No.9/11/2017-FD(PIC)(Post-2016), dated 11/07/209 and No.9/12/2017-FD(PIC)(Pre-2016), dated 11/07/2019.
3. The payment of Dearness Relief involving a fraction of a rupee shall be rouned off to the next higher rupee.
4. Other provisions governing grant of Dearness Relief in respect of employed family pensioners and re-employed State Government pensioners will remain unchanged.
5. These orders relaing to grant of Dearness Relief shall not be applicable to the Old Age Pension, Political Pension or any other kinds of similar pensions which are not related to the service rendered under the Government of Manipur.
6.Calculation of arrears for the period from 01.04.2019 to 30.09.2019 under the Revised Pension/Family Pension Rules shall be with zero Dearness Relief and for the period from 01.10.2019 to 31.03.2020 shall be with 3% Dearness Relief under the above Rules. Accordingly, the method of calculation of arrears under the Revised Pension/Family Pension Rules issued vide this Department’s O.M.No.1/10/2018-FD(PIC), dated 31/07/2019 shall stand modified to this extent.
7. It will be the responsibility of the Pension Disbursing Authority, including the Nationalized Banks, etc. to calculate the quantum of Dearness Relief payable in each individual case.
8. The Accountant General (A&E), Manipur and the Authorized Public Sector Banks shall arrange payment of Dearness Relief to pensioners etc. on the basis of the above instructions.
Principal Secretary (Finance)
Government of Manipur.