Kendriya Vidyalaya School Admission Guidelines 2021-22
GUIDELINES FOR ADMISSION IN KENDRIYA VIDYALAYAS 2021-22
1. In super session of all the guidelines governing admissions in Kendriya Vidyalayas that have been issued in the past, the following guidelines are issued to regulate admissions in the Kendriya Vidyalayas with effect from the academic session 2021-22 & onwards. These guidelines are not applicable to Kendriya Vidyalayas located abroad and Dr. Rajendra Prasad Kendriya Vidyalaya,President Estate, New Delhi-110004.
Unless the context suggests otherwise, the definition of the following terms used in these guidelines would be as below:-
(i)CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES: An employee who is regular (i.e. an employee working on that post sanctioned by the Government in substantive capacity) and draws his emoluments from the Consolidated Fund of India.
(ii) TRANSFERABLE: An employee who has been transferred at least once in the preceding 7 years shall be deemed to be transferable.
(iii) TRANSFER: An employee would be treated as transferred only if he/she has been transferred by the competent authority from one place/urban agglomeration to another place/urban agglomeration which is at a distance of at least 20 Kms. and minimum period of stay at a place should be six months.
(iv) AUTONOMOUS BODIES / PUBLIC SECTOR UNDERTAKINGS: Organizations which are fully financed by the government or where the
government share is more than 51 per cent would be deemed to be autonomous bodies/ public sector undertakings.
(v) SINGLE GIRL CHILD: Single Girl Child means the only child i.e. only girl child to the parents, with no other siblings.
3. PRIORITIES IN ADMISSION
The following priorities shall be followed in granting admissions:-
(A) KENDRIYA VIDYALAYAS UNDER CIVIL/DEFENCE SECTOR:
1. Children of transferable and non-transferable Central government employees and children of ex- servicemen. This will also include children of Foreign National officials, who come on deputation or transfer to India on invitation by Govt. of India.
2. Children of transferable and non-transferable employees of Autonomous Bodies / Public Sector Undertaking/Institute of Higher Learning of the Government of India.
3. Children of transferable and non-transferable State Government employees.
4. Children of transferable and non-transferable employees of Autonomous Bodies/ Public Sector Undertakings/Institute of Higher Learning of the State Governments.
5. Children from any other category including the children of Foreign Nationals who are located in India due to their work or for any personal reasons. The children of Foreign Nationals would be considered only in case there are no Children of Indian Nationals waitlisted for admission.
Note: Preference in Admission to wards will be based on the number of transfers of the parents in the last 7 years.
(B) KENDRIYA VIDYALAYAS UNDER PUBLIC SECTOR UNDERTAKINGS/INSTITUTES OF HIGHER LEARNING:
1. Children and grandchildren of employees of the Project Sector/Institutes of Higher Learning which are the sponsors of the Vidyalaya, Children of Project employees & Post Graduate students who are working on long term research projects, Children of regular Council of Wardens (COW) employees and children and grandchildren of retired employees.
Note: Preference in Admission will be given to children of serving employees, grand children of serving employees and children and grandchildren of retired employees in that order.
2. Children of transferable and non-transferable Central government employees and children of ex- servicemen. This will also include children of Foreign National officials, who come on deputation or transfer to India on invitation by Govt. of India.
3. Children of transferable and non-transferable employees of Autonomous Bodies/Public Sector Undertaking/Institute of Higher Learning of the Government of India.
4. Children of transferable and non-transferable State Government employees.
5. Children of transferable and non-transferable employees of Autonomous Bodies/ Public Sector Undertakings/Institute of Higher Learning of the State Governments.
6. Children from any other category including the children of Foreign Nationals who are located in India due to their work or for any personal
reasons. The Children of Foreign Nationals would be considered only incase there are no children of Indian Nationals wait listed for admission.
Note: Preference in Admission to wards will be granted based on the number of transfers of the parents in the last 7 years.
4. ELIGIBLE AGE FOR ADMISSION
A Child must be 5 years old as on 31st March in the academic year in which admission is sought for Class I. (Child born on 1st April should also be
A. The minimum and maximum age limit for admission in Kendriya Vidyalayas in various classes is given below: (Child born on 1st April should also be considered.)
|CLASS||MINIMUM AGE ON 31ST MARCH OF THE YEAR IN WHICH ADMISSION IS SOUGHT||MAXIMUM AGE ON 31ST MARCH OF THE YEAR IN WHICH ADMISSION IS SOUGHT|
|I||5 years||7 years|
|II||6 years||8 years|
|III||7 years||9 years|
|IV||8 years||10 years|
|V||9 years||11 years|
|VI||10 years||12 years|
|VII||11 years||13 years|
|VIII||12 years||14 years|
|IX||13 years||15 years|
|X||14 years||16 years|
Note: The maximum age limit can be relaxed by two years in case of Differently abled children by the Principal.
B. There is no age restriction for admission to Class XI provided the student is seeking admission in the year of passing Class X examination. Similarly,there will be no upper & lower age limit for admission to class XII provided there has been no break in the continuous study of the student after passing class XI.
5. CLASS STRENGTH AND COMPETENT AUTHORITIES
|Class Strength||Authority||Date (s)||Remarks|
|UP TO 40||PRINCIPAL||UP TP 31st MAY||Registered and eligible Candidates subject to availability of vacancies except class XI|
|30 days from the date of declaration of class-X results by CBSE.||Registered and eligible candidates subject to availability of vacancies for Class XI only|
|UP TO 45||PRINCIPAL||UP TO 30th NOVEMBER||This provision is applicable only for those parents of CAT I to IV in Civil & Defence Sector and CAT I to V in Project & Institutes of Higher learning who have been transferred during the previous year/current Academic Session after the registration process is over. The admission will be granted on first-cum first serve basis immediately as and when parent approaches for admission in the Vidyalaya.|
|UP TO 50||PRINCIPAL||UP TO 30th NOVEMBER||Defence Personnel (Army/Navy/Air Force) who have been transferred/retired during the previous year/current Academic Session after the registration process is over. The admission will be granted on first-Cum first serve basis immediately as and when parent approaches for admission in the Vidyalaya.|
6. RESERVATIONS IN ADMISSION
A. SCHEDULED CASTE, SCHEDULED TRIBE AND OTHER BACKWARD CLASSES CATEGORY
15% seats for Scheduled Caste, 7.5% seats for Scheduled Tribes and 27% seats for Other Backward Classes (OBC-NCL) shall be reserved in all fresh admissions in all Kendriya Vidyalayas.
B. DIFFERENTLY ABLED CATEGORY
3% seats of total available seats for fresh admission will be horizontally reserved for Differently Abled-children as per the provisions of RTE Act, 2009. Read in conjunction with Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities,Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995.
7. ADMISSION WITH KV TRANSFER CERTIFICATE INCLUDING LOCAL TRANSFER (TC)
(i). Admission of children with KV TC will be automatic (over and above Class Strength) if the parent has been transferred from one station to another. When the class strength reaches 55, the efforts should be initiated to open additional sections.
(ii). Defence personnel and Para-military Forces who shift their families to a station of their choice whenever they are transferred to some non-family areas or posted in Naxal affected areas, can admit their children on KV TC in a KV located at the station where they will keep their family.
(iii). In all other cases where transfer of the parent is not involved, the admission with KV TC would be done only with the prior approval of the Deputy Commissioner of the region concerned.
(iv). All cases of local transfer on KV TC will be done with the approval of DC concerned on merit.
(v). A student with KV TC may also be permitted in project KVs only up toclass strength of 45 with the prior concurrence of Chairman, VMC. Beyond this no admission on KV TC would be done in project schools. However, Deputy Commissioner of the region is empowered to allow admission in the project/nearest KV in extremely deserving cases.
8. STUDENTS OF N.I.O.S / STATE BOARDS / ICSE FOR ADMISSION IN CLASS XI IN KENDRIYA VIDYALAYAS
The students of State Boards/ICSE/NIOS may be considered for admission in class XI if vacancies exist.
9. FRESH ADMISSION FOR CLASS X AND XII
Fresh admissions to class X & XII, other than KV students, will be entertained subject to availability of vacancies. Such admissions to class X and XII will be considered by the Deputy Commissioner of the Region concerned, only if, the average strength in class X/XII is below 40. This will further be subject to the following conditions:
(i) The child has been in the same course of studies i.e. in a CBSE-affiliated school.
(ii) For Class X, the child must have obtained not less than 55% marks in aggregate in class IX.
(iii) For admission to class XII, 55% marks in class XI examination is mandatory.
(iv) The child should otherwise be eligible as per KVS admission guidelines.
(v) The combinations of subjects opted by the student are available in Kendriya Vidyalayas.
10. ADMISSION OF CHILDREN STUDYING ABROAD SEATS
A KV Student, who went abroad with his parents on their deputation to a foreign country, will be admitted to corresponding class on their return to India by the Principal of Kendriya Vidyalaya, where admission is being sought (such admissions will be over and above the class strength)
11. ADMISSION FOR VACANT SEATS
In case seats remain vacant after 30th June as the case may be, in the year of admission, Deputy Commissioner of the Region is empowered to allow admissions up to the prescribed strength as per priorities in admission up to 31st July.
Note: In case of any issue related to the interpretation of Admission Guidelines,the decision of Commissioner KVS, will be final.