Promotion and Posting Orders in the grade of Assistant Accounts Officers (AAO) of IP&TAFS Group ‘B’ consequent to declaration of Merit List of AAO LDCE 2018
F.No.301(08)/PA Admn.III/2115 to 3165
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts, Postal Accounts Wing
Dak Bhawan, New Delhi – 110001
Dated: 1st October 2018
Subject: Promotion and Posting Orders in the grade of Assistant Accounts Officers (AAO) of IP&TAFS Group ‘B’ consequent to declaration of Merit List of AAO LDCE 2018.
The approval of competent authority is hereby conveyed for regular promotion of the 949 (NINE HUNDRED FORTY NINE) officials whose names are mentioned in the Annexure A of this OM to the cadre of Assistant Accounts Officer of IP&TAFS Group B (Level 8 of 7th CPC -Rs 47,600-1,51000) subject to conditions mentioned herein and to post them to the offices mentioned in the table in Annexure A. The postings within the Postal/Telecom Circle will be made by the Head of the Postal Account Office/ Pr. CCA office respectively.
2. The promoted officials are hereby directed to join their office of posting as indicated against their names in Annexure A of this OM not later than 30 days of issue of this OM.
3. The officials who have been allocated to DoT HQ/IT Cell DoT HQ are to report to SEA Section of DoT HQ. The officials who have been allocated to DoP HQ are to report to PA Wing of DoP HQ.
4. In the event of an official not joining the place of posting within 30 days of issue of this OM, it shall be deemed as Refusal of Promotion and dealt with as per rules on the subject.
5. No representation for change of place of posting will be entertained and no representation(s) needs to be forwarded. The officers may be relieved immediately by the authorities concerned to report for duty on promotion at the place of their posting.
6. The promotion of officials against whose names ‘Provisional – Graduation Not Confirmed’ is mentioned in the Remarks column of the table in Annexure A to this OM is further subject to fulfilment of eligibility condition of having a Graduation degree from a recognised University as per Recruitment Rules of AAO dated 02.04.2018. In case any official fails to submit valid proof of having acquired Graduation Degree from a recognised University prior to the cut-off date i.e. 30.05.2018, within 30 days of issue of this OM; these promotion orders shall be considered null & void in respect of such officials. if the proof of Graduation qualification submitted by a promoted official is found to be invalid at a later date, then these promotion orders shall be considered null & void in respect of such officials and further departmental action shall be initiated against such officials as per rules.
7. These promotion orders are further subject to re-verification of eligibility of officials with respect to conditions mentioned in Recruitment Rules of AAOs as notified on 21111 April 2018. The Heads of Offices, where the promoted officials report for duty, are to re-verify the eligibility of officials within one month of their joining. In case any official is found to be ineligible, the case may be immediately reported to this office for further necessary action. Departmental action may be initiated against such officials as they have submitted a signed Declaration in the Application Form of AAO LDCE 2018, that they are eligible as per Recruitment Rules of AAOs as notified on 2nd April 2018.
8. In respect of Reserved Category candidates i.e. SC/ST candidates “Promotion of the candidates is provisional subject to verification of their caste status. Head of the Office will take an undertaking from the officers to this effect at the time of their relieving and ensure verification of caste status within one month. After verification necessary entries may invariably be made in the Service Books of the officers concerned in terms of instructions contained in DO P&T O.M. NO.36011/16.80-Estt. (SCT) dated 27.02.81, No.42012/8/87-Estt. (SCT dated 14.10.87 and O.M.No 36012/36(22)/89-Estt. (SCT] dated 16.6.89.”
9. The promotion of the officer(s) as in para (1) above is subject to the condition that no disciplinary/vigilance case of the types referred to in the Department of Personnel and Training OM No. 22011/4/91-Estt. (A) dated 14.09.1992 is pending against them and such case, if any, be referred to the Directorate, and no promotion be made. Further, if in respect of any officer some punishment like stoppage of increment/reduction of pay etc. is current, he/she should not be promoted/relieved and his/her case should be reported to this office immediately.
10. No leave of any kind should be granted to the officials who are to be relieved under these
11. The inter-se seniority of promoted officers shall be decided at a later date.
12. All promoted officials, except those promoted from Group B (i.e. Senior Accountants), will be on probation for a period of 2 years from date of their joining as Assistant Accounts
13. The pay of the promoted officers may be fixed as per provision of FR22 (I) (a) (1) and are eligible to exercise option for fixation of pay within the period prescribed therein.
14. The official(s) who are already officiating in AAO cadre on local officiating basis may be reverted to their substantive grade before promotion to the grade of AAO on regular basis.
15. These Promotion Orders are further subject to outcome of the Court cases as per Annexure B and also as per any other orders by any competent court in any other matter/matters connected with the subject.
16. These orders are subject to and without prejudice to any order of Court of Law.
17. Copies of Charge Report may be furnished to all concerned including the Assistant Director General (PA-Admn), Department of Posts, Room No.441-C, 4th Floor, Dak Bhawan, New
Enclosed: Annexure A