DOP Order – Voluntary retirement of personnel on deputation to Army Postal Service
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg
New Delhi — 110 001
Dated: 24th January, 2019
1) All Chief Postmasters General/ Postmasters General
2) Chief General Manager, BD Directorate/ Parcel Directorate/ PLI Directorate 3) Director, RAKNPA / GM, CEPT / Directors of all PTCs
4) Addl. Director General, Army Postal Service, New Delhi.
5) All General Managers (Finance) / Directors Postal Accounts DDAP
Subject: Voluntary retirement of personnel on deputation to APS.
Directorate vide letter No.X-17/1/2018-SPB-II dated 10th January, 2019 (copy enclosed) had requested to direct all appointing authorities not to accept request for voluntary retirement directly from Army Postal Service (APS) without an official being repatriated to civil side and that such request for voluntary retirement would be considered only after repatriation of the official to the parent unit in civil side.
2. The APS has now requested for clarification whether the above instructions would also be applicable in case of personnel seeking retirement directly from APS on attaining the age of compulsory retirement in APS.
3. It is hereby clarified that the instructions issued vide aforesaid letter of 10th January, 2019 shall be applicable only in cases where personnel on deputation to APS seeks voluntary retirement service before attaining the age of compulsory discharge from the APS.
4. However, personnel on deputation to APS, on attaining the age of compulsory retirement/discharge in APS, may seek retirement directly from APS, without being repatriated to civil side, in terms of Army Instructions NO.29/85, as amended from time to time, and O.M.No.9(5)/20016-D(Mov) dated 16.05.2017 of Ministry of Defence read with O.M.No.36-16/89-NB/T dated 05.09.1989, as the case may be copies of Army Instructions No.29/85, O.M.No.9(5)/20016-D(Mov) dated 16.05.2017 of Ministry of Defence and O.M.No.36-16/89-NB/T dated 05.09.1989 are enclosed for ready reference.
Encl: As above
(Satya Narayana Dash)