Haryana G.O – Grant of Notional Increment on completion of 12 months of service on 1st July of Calendar year (after retirement) for the purpose of Pension to Government employees
Most Urgent/ Court Case
Government of Haryana
Additional. Chief Secretary to Government Haryana,
1. All the Administrative Secretaries in Haryana State.
2. All the Head of Departments in Haryana State.
3. All the Divisional Commissioners in Haryana State.
4. All the Deputy Commissioners in Haryana State.
5. All the SDOs (Civil) in Haryana State.
Dated : 27.08.2019
Subject:- Grant of Notional Increment on completion of 12 months of service on 1st July of Calendar year (after retirement) for the purpose of Pension to Government employees.
I have been directed to refer to Finance Department’s earlier letter No. 6/ 183/2019-4PR(FD), dated 03.04.2019 on the subject noted above.
It is informed that as per Order dated 22.04.2019 passed in CWP No. 29465 of 2018 – Rajinder Singh Kuhar & Others Vs. State of Haryana, Hon’ble Punjab & Haryana High Court has directed the Respondent State to take appropriate decision with regard to the issue involved in the concerned petitions soon after receiving the requisite information as already sought by the State Government from Government of India.
Now, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure, Government of India has informed the State Government vide letter No.08-09/2019-E-III A, dated 25.06.2019 (copy enclosed) that issue regarding grant of one notional increment, is under examination in Department of Personnel and Training (DOPT). It is already communicated vide letter dated 03.04.2019 that a decision by the Haryana Government will be taken only after ascertainment of final decision from the Government of India.
You are, therefore, advised to inform the Hon’ble High Court in all pending matters that a decision will be taken after Government of India’s decision in this regard and seek disposal of the matters.
Chief Accounts Officer (PR)
for Additional Chief Secretary to Government Haryana
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
Room No.31-B, North Block,
New Delhi, the 25th June, 2019
Subject:- Grant of one notional increment to those government servants who have completed one year on the day of superannuation i.e. 30th June.
The undersigned is directed to refer to your letter No.6/183/2018-4PR(FD) dated 13th May, 2019 on the subject mentioned above.
2. It is stated that asst per Rule 10 of CGS (RP) Rules, 2008, a uniform date of increment i.e. on 1July of every year, has been introduced for central government employees. The issue regarding granting one notional increment to those Government Servant who retired on 30th June, after completing one year service on 30th June, arisen due to the order-dated 15.9.2017 passed by Madras High Court in WP No.15732/2017 filed by Sh.P.Ayyamperumal Vs Registrar, CAT & Ors wherein the SLP filed by Government has also been dismissed by Apex Court, is under examination in DOPT.
3. This issues with the approval of the competent authority.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India (E.III -A)
Signed Copy download