ECHS Order – Priority for war disabled veterans and battle casualties in opd of armed forces hospitals
ASCON – 36832
Email: [email protected]
Central Organisation ECHS
Adjutant General’s Branch
IHQ of MoD (Army)
Near gopinath Circle
Delhi Cantt – 110 010
15 Mar 2019
Air HQ PD (DAV)
All Comd HQ’s (A/ECHS)
All Regional Centres, ECHS
PRIORITY FOR WAR DISABLED VETERANS AND BATTLE CASUALTIES IN OPD OF ARMED FORCES HOSPITALS
1.Copy of O/o the DGAFMS, MoD letter No.5515/Gen Comp/4E/DGAFMS/DG-3A dated 08 Mar 2019 is enclosed herewith.
2. For your info and necessary action please.
Dir (Ops & Coord)
for MD ECHS
Office of the DGAFMS
Ministry of Defence
Room No. 08, ‘M’ block
PRIORITY FOR WAR DISABLED VETERANS AND BATTLE cAsuALITIEs IN OF OF ARMED FORCES HOSPITAL
1. War Disabled Veterans form a very distinguished class of veterans. A large number of War Disabled Veterans/ Battle causalities are amputation cases, amputated due to injuries sustained in war and war like conditions and have restricted mobility. In view of this special disposition, they rightfully deserve certain privileges. AFMS has always remained committed in providing them priority in AFMS hospitals
2. Henceforth, War Disabled Veterans/Battle Causalities (self only) may be offered Specialist consultation directly at the OFDs of Armed Forces hospitals on OFD days, without obtaining a referral from the ECHS Polyclinics. However, these veterans will continue to avail services of their dependant polyclinic for routine illnesses.
3. Necessary instructions may please be issued to ail concerned.
4. This has the approval of the DGAFMS.
Col AFMS (Health)