Recommendations of the Sixth Central Pay Commission relating to eligibility for encashment of leave
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
[Department of Personnel & Training]
New Delhi, the 25th September, 2008.
Subject:- Recommendations of the Sixth Central Pay Commission relating to eligibility for encashment of leave.
Consequent upon the decisions taken by the Government on the recommendations of the Sixth Central Pay Commission relating to eligibility for encashment of leave, the President is pleased to decide that for purposes of payment of encashment of leave to a person dying in harness under the provisions of Rule 39-C of the Central Civil Services (Leave) Rules, 1972, the amount should be paid to the relations as per the following order :-
(1) widow or the eldest surviving widow (with reference to the date of marriage) or husband;
(2) the eldest surviving son or an adopted son;
(3) the eldest surviving unmarried daughter;
(4) the eldest surviving widowed daughter;
(5) the father;
(6) the mother;
(7) the eldest surviving married daughter;
(8) the eldest surviving brother below the age of 18 years;
(9) the eldest surviving unmarried sister;
(10) the eldest surviving widowed sister; and
(11) the eldest child of the eldest predeceased son.
2. These orders shall take effect from 1st September, 2008.
3. Formal amendments to the Central Civil Services (Leave) Rules, 1972 are being issued separately.
4. In so far as persons serving in the Indian Audit & Accounts Departments are concerned, these orders are issue in consultation with the Comptroller & Auditor General of India.
5. Hindi version will follow.
(Simmi R. Nakra)