Online complaint management system titled “Sexual. Harassment electronic-Box (SHe-Box)” – reg
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
Establishment A-III Desk
North Block, New Delhi – 110041
Dated 1st November, 2017
Subject: Online complaint management system titled “Sexual Harassment electronic-Box (SHe-Box)” – regarding.
The undersigned is directed to say that Ministry of Women 86 Child. Development launched an online complaint management system titled Sexual Harassment electronic-Box (SHe-Box) on 24th July, 2017 for registering complaints related to sexual harassment at workplace. The She-Box i& an initiative to provide a platform to the women working or visiting any office of Central Government (Central Ministries, Departments, Public Sector Undertakings, Autonomous Bodies and Institutions etc.) to file complaints related to sexual harassment at workplace under the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013.
2. Once a. complaint is submitted to SHe-Box, it will be directly sent to the Internal Complaint. Committee (ICC) of the concerned Ministry/ Department/ PSU/ Autonomous Body etc. having jurisdiction to inquire into the complaint. The She-Box also provides an opportunity to both the complainant and nodal administrative authority to monitor the progress of inquiry conducted by the ICCs. The SHe-Box portal can be accessed at the link given below:
3. Features of the SHe-Box are as under:
(i) SHe-Box is an online Complaint Management System for lodging complaints related to sexual harassment of women at workplace. The steps required for filing of complaint through SHe-Box can be downloaded from the link:http://www.shebox.nic.in/assets/site/downloads/manual/pdf
(ii) Any woman working or visiting any office of Central Government (Central Ministries, Departments, Public Sector Undertakings, Autonomous Bodies and Institutions etc.) can file complaint related to sexual harassment at workplace through this SHe-Box.
(iii) Once a complaint is submitted to the SHe-Box, it will directly send the complaint to the Internal. Complaints. Committee (ICC) of the concerned Ministry/Department/PSU/Autonomous Body etc. having jurisdiction to inquire into the complaint. The Internal Complaints Committee will take action as prescribed under the Sexual. Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013 and• update the status of the complaint through ‘Administrator Login’
(iv) The status of complaint can be viewed at any time by pressing the tab ‘View Status of your complaint within SHe-Box.
4. The complaint registered in the She-Box contains only a brief description of the incident of sexual harassment at workplace. The Internal Complaints Committee (ICC) is required to initiate inquiry as prescribed under Section 11 of the Sexual Harassment of women at workplace (Prevention, prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013 read with Department of Personnel & Training’s O.M.No.11013/2/2014-Estt.(A-III) dated 16th July,2015 by calling upon the complainant to provide detailed complaint along with all the relevant evidences (documentary or otherwise).
5. All the Ministries/Departments are requested to bring the contents of this OM to the notice of all officers and staff working under them. The Ministries/Departments are also requested to advise the PSEs/Autonomous Bodies under their administrative control to bring the content of SHe-Box to all officers and staff.
6. Hindi version will follow.
Under Secretary to the Govt Of India