Fifth Central Pay Commission – Deputation (Duty) Allowance
No.2/8/97-Estt. (PAY II)
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF PERSONNNEL PUBLIC GRIEVANCES & PENSIONS
DEPARTMENT OF PERSONNEL & TRAINING
New Delhi, the 11th March, 1998
Subject – Grant of Deputation (Duty) Allowance – Recommendations of the Fifth Central Pay Commission
The undersigned is directed to say that at present the amount of Deputation ( Duty ) Allowance is regulated by the provisions contained in pares 4.1 and 6.1 of this Department’s – OM No.2/29/91-Estt. (Pay II) dated 5th January, 1994. The question of revising the amount of the recommendations made by the Fifth Central Pay Commission in chapter 110 of their Report was under consideration of the Government. Consequent upon the decision taken by Government on these recommendations, the President in partial modification of the above referred provisions is pleased to decide the following rates of Deputation ( Duty) allowance –
(a) 5% of the employee’s basic pay subject to a maximum of Rs.500/- per month when the transfer is within the same station; and
(b) 10% of the employee’s basic pay subject to a maximum of Rs. 1000/- per month in all other cases.
2. The Deputation (Duty) Alloance shall be further restricted as under:-
(i) Pay + Deputation (Duty) Allowance shall not exceed the maximum of the scale of pay of ex-cadre post;and
(ii) Pay + Deputation (Duty) Allowance shall at no time exceed Rs. 22,400/- p.m.
3. The President is also pleased to decide that the restriction under FR 35 mentioned in paragraph 2 of this Department OM No.6/30/86-Estt. (Pay II) dated the 9th Dec., 1986 will now be as under:-
(a) For employees in receipt 15% of the basic Rs.8000/- P.m maximum of
of basic pay up to pay subject to a Rs.1000/- p.m.
(b) For employees in receipt 12 1/2% of the Rs.8000/- p.m. to a maximum of .
of the basic Subject basic pay subject Rs.1000/- p.m.
4. Other provisions laid down in this Department’s OM dated 5.1.1994, referred to above, would remain unchanged.
5. In so far as persons serving in the Indian Audit & Accounts Department are concerned these orders issue after consultation with the Comptroller & Auditor General of India.
6. These orders shall take effect from 1st August, 1997. The cases of deputations prior to this date shall be governed by the orders dated 5th January, 1994, referred to in para 1 above.
Hindi version will follow.
DEPUTY SECRETARY TO THE GOVT.OF.INDIA