Grant of service element to pre-30.08.2006 released Non Regular Officers in Aggravation Cases.
Government Of India
Ministry of Defence
Department of Ex-servicemen Welfare
New Delhi, the 23rd March, 2015
The chief of the Army Staff,
The chief of the Naval Staff,
The chief of the Air Staff,
Subject: Grant of service element to pre-30.08.2006 released Non Regular Officers in Aggravation Cases.
The Undersigned is directed to refer to Para-2 of this Ministry’s letter No.1(9)/2006-D (Pen-C) dated 30.08.2006 in which the benefit of service element of disability pension in respect of non-regular officers in aggravation case was allowed only to those who retired on or after the date of issue of letter i.e. 30.08.2006 and past cases were not to be re-opened.
2. In partial modification of above provision. the president is now pleased to decide that in the case of aggravation too, service element of disability pension in respect of non-regular officers would be calculated after taking into account the full commissioned service rendered by them as calculated in the case of Regular Commissioned Officers. As such, they would also be allowed the benefit of revision with effect from 30th August 2006 as allowed to attributable cases as per government letter under reference. Para 2 of the said letter may be deemed to have been amended to this extent.
3. Terminal gratuity already paid shall be refunded as per existing ordrs.
4. All other conditions of the impugned letter remain unchanged.
5. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Division of this Ministry vide their ID Note No.10(10)/2012 – Fin/Pen dated 07th October 2014.
6. Hindi version will follow.
Under Secretary to the Government of India