Grant of Dearness Relief to Pensioners who are in receipt of provisional pension
F. No. 42/15/2016-P&PW(G)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhavan,
Khan Market, New Delhi – 110003
Date: 28th Dec, 2016
Subject : Grant of Dearness Relief to Pensioners who are in receipt of provisional pension—Revised rate effective from 1.7.2016 on implementation of decision taken on recommendation of 7th Central Pay Commission.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s OM of even no. dated 16.11.20 6 wherein it was decided that the Dearness Relief from 01.07.2016 cif 2% of basic pension/family pension would be admissible to Central Govt. Pensioners/Family Pensioners. Vide Para 3(iii) of the said OM, it was also mentioned that those orders would not be applicable to the pensioners who are in receipt of provisional pension in the pre-2016 pay scales/pay.
2. Subsequently, this Department has issued orders vide OM No 38/49/2016-P&PW(A) dated 30.11.2016 for revision of provisional pension sanctioned based on the pm-revised pay in accordance with the instructions contained in this Department’s OM No. 38/37/08-P&PW(A)(ii) dated 04.08.2016.
Read More: ONE DAY STRIKE ON 15TH FEBRUARY 2017
3. Accordingly, the pensioners who are drawing provisional pension and whose provisional pension has been revised in accordance with the instructions mentioned in this Department’s OM No. 38/4912016- P&PW(A) dated 30.11.2016 would also be entitled to dearness relief on their revised provisional pension, in terms of this Department’s OM No. 42/15/20 16-P&PW(G) dated 16.11.2016.
4. Payment of DR involving a fraction of a rupee shall be rounded off to the next higher rupee.
5. It will be the responsibility of the pension disbursing authorities to calculate the quantum of DR payable in each individual case.
6. In their application to the pensioners/family pensioners belonging to Indian Audit and Accounts Department, these orders issue after consultation with the C&AG.
7. Hindi version will follow.
Under Secretary to the Government of India