Common Mistakes by PAOs in processing of revision of pension under 7th CPC
Government of India
Ministry Of finance
Department of Expenditure
Central Pension Accounting Office
Trikkot-II, Bhikaji cama Place,
New Delhi – 110 066
CPAO/IT&Tech/Revision(7th CPC) /19.Vol-III(D)/2017-18/12
Subject: Common Mistakes by PAOs in processing of revision of pension under 7th CPC.
7th CPC pension revision cases are to be settled in a time bound manner. This office is receiving more than 3000 pension revision cases on daily basis. However, it has been observed that about 5 to 10 percent cases are returned by this office to PAOs due to various discrepancies. The reasons to return are indicated by this office in each case. To facilitate the PAOs, a list of common mistakes made by PAOs has been prepared and enclosed herewith at Annexure-A.
In view of above all the PAOs are requested to ensure tht 7th CPC revision cases are sent correctly to CPAO to speed up the processing of the same in a time bound manner.
encl: As above
Md/Shahid Kamal Ansari)
(Asstt. Controller of Accounts)
Common mistakes by PAOs in processing of Revision of Pension under (7th CPC)
1) DATE OF DEATH OF PENSIONER NOT MENTIONED IN COLUMN 3 (b). (FAMILY PENSION CASE)
2) APPLICABILITY OF COMMUTED PENSION MAY BE CHECKED WHETHER IT IS APPLICABLE OR NOT.
3) CLASS/CATEGORY OF PENSION UNDER COLUMN 1 (g) MAY BE CHECKED.
4) NOTIONAL PAY SHOWN UNDER COLUMN 3 (e) MAY BE CHECKED.
5) PAY/NOTIONAL PAY SHOWN IN COLUMN 3 (e), DOES NOT MATCH WITH PAYT FIXED UNDER 7TH CPC AS SHOWN IN COLUMN 4 (e).
6) LEVEL AND INDEX UNDER COLUMN 4 (a) MAY BE CHECKED.
7) BASIC PENSION IS NOT MATCHING WITH THE LAST PAY DRAWN AS PER 7TH CPC.
8) PAY MATRIX FOR LEVEL-13 MAY BE CHECKED WITH REFERNCE TO REVISED PAY MATRIX IN TERMS OF MINISTRY OF FINANCE (DEPTT. OF EXPENDITURE) RESOLUTION DATED-16.05.2017.
9) PAY MATRIX FOR LEVEL-14 MAY BE CHECKED WITH REFERENCE TO REVISED PAY MATRIX IN TERMS OF DEPTT. OF PESNION & PENSIONERS WELFARE OM DATED-13.09.2017.