Completion of APARs in “SPARROW” for the year 2017-18
Office of the Controller General Of Defence Accounts
Ulan Batar Road, Palam, Delhi Cantt – 110 010
No. AN/I/1058/SPARROW/Vol II
Date: 5th December 2018
All PAR Managers/ Custodians
All IDAS officers
(Through CGDA’s website)
Subject : Completion of APARs in “SPARROW” for the year 2017-18.
Reference is invited to this HQrs. Office letter No. AN/I/1058/Sparrow/Vol. 11/24 dated 30th May 2018 wherein it was enjoined upon all IDAS officers to take timely action in completion of APARs as per timelines prescribed.
2. The progress made on generation and completion of online APARs is being constantly monitored by this HOrs office. It is observed that 25 APARs are pending with ORUs, 33 APARS are pending with Reporting Officers, 52 APARs are pending with reviewing officers and 77 APARs are pending with the Accepting Authorities. Apart from the above 129 APARs are pending at different stages (ie after acceptance by the Accepting Authority) for disclosure/closure. 148 APARs are closed in all respects.
3. PAR Managers are requested to generate an alert in SPARROW (as demonstrated in the attached screenshot) with a message “Kindly complete the Part I/II/III/IV/V of the APAR immediately”.
4. The progress made on generation and completion of online APARs reveals that some of the officers are yet to submit their online APAR to their respective Reporting Officers. The PARs in respect of ORUs (officer Reported upon) who have still not submitted their PARs to their Reporting officers, may be given a final chance to submit their self appraisal to their respective Reporting Officers by 13.12.2018. Thereafter their APARs may be force forwarded to their next level ie the Reporting Officer.
5. It may kindly be noted that in terms of Department of Personnel & Training M. No.21011/02/2015-Est(A-II)-Part II dated 21st May 2018, the process of writing of APARs in SPARROW shall end on 31st December 2018 and, therefore the window for online recording of APARs on SPARROW system will be closed on 31st December 2018 by NIC. Thereafter, it will not be possible to take any action on the APARs.
6. It is, therefore, enjoined upon all officers to complete the APARs pending with them urgently. In cases where APARs have been forwarded to the Executive Authorities for Reporting/Reviewing, the same may be called for from them urgently and uploaded on SPARROW system.
7. Officers posted on deputation to various Ministries/Departments are also requested to liaise with their officers for completion of their APARs.
8. An urgent action is requested.
Enclosures: As Above
Sr. A. C.G.D.A.(Admin)