GPF Interest Rate of 7.1% w.e.f. 1st April, 2021 to 30th June, 2021.
F. No. 5(4)-B(PD)/2021
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Economic Affairs
North Block, New-Delhi
Dated the 19th April, 2021
Subject: Rate of Interest on General Provident Fund (GPF) and other similar funds including Special Deposit Schemes, 1975 (SDS, 1975) for non-Government Provident, Superannuation and Gratuity Funds for first Quarter of financial year 2021-22.
The undersigned is directed to state that during the year 2021-2022, accumulations at the credit of subscribers to the General Provident Fund and other similar funds shall carry interest at the rate of 7.1% (Seven point one percent) w.e.f. 1st April, 2021 to 30th June, 2021. This rate will be in force w.e.f. 1st April, 2021. The funds concerned are:
1. The General Provident Fund (Central Services).
2. The Contributory Provident Fund (India).
3. The All India Services Provident Fund.
4. The State Railway Provident Fund.
5. The General Provident Fund (Defence Services).
6. The Indian Ordnance Department Provident Fund.
7. The Indian Ordnance Factories Workmen’s Provident Fund.
8. The Indian Naval Dockyard Workmen’s Provident Fund.
9. The Defence Services Officers Provident Fund.
10. The Armed Forces Personnel Provident Fund.
2. Also, the deposits made under the Special Deposit Scheme for Non-Government Provident, Superannuation and Gratuity Funds, announced in the Ministry of Finance (Department of Economic Affairs) Notification No.F.16(1)-PD/75 dated 30th June, 1975, shall with effect from 1st April, 2021 to 30th June, 2021 bear interest at 7.1% (seven point one percent). This rate will be in force w.e.f. 1st April, 2021.
3. This issues with the approval of Hon’ble Finance Minister.
Under Secretary (Budget)